New Squad.xml server

kamaradski

//Ahoyworld is presenting yet another improvement to our services:

Arma Squad.xml server !

What is it ?

The squad.xml server will be hosting all our squad.xml's for arma in-game use. Membership of one of these squads will provide you with a logo and member identity in-game.

Where is it ?

You can find it here: https://tags.ahoyworld.net/

How do i obtain membership ?

We have created a forum topic where you can sign-up for the squad of your liking.

What squads are there, and can i apply for just any of the squads ?

There are several squads available (and a couple more coming soon)

Generic AW squads:

Ahoy Staff - Obviously for staff only

Ahoy Members - Open for public sign-up

Donators - Applied to via "register donation" on the donate tab

Ahoy Ambassadors - A invite-only squad (this includes the Spartan members)

Ahoy Moderators - Obviously for AWE moderator only

Game-night and special purpose squads:

Team Wolfpack - Another game-night squad, open for public sign-up

Staff personal squads: All staff have the privilege to their own personal squads, and staff might, or might not, invite other people in here

What are the sign-up requirements (guideline) ?

Ahoy Members:

- At least 1 months forum membership

- At least 5 constructive posts (yes we will check)

- No warnings or kicks within the last 3 months

- No bans in the last 6 months

-Trustworthy in representing the Ahoyworld name and logo also on other servers

Game-night squads:

- Has participated in recent game-nights

- At least 3 months forum membership

- Trustworthy in representing the Ahoyworld name and logo also on other servers

- Never been banned from our servers before (regardless if we unbanned you later)

I am a known player on the servers, but only registered on the forums recently:

Above requirements are a rough guideline to insure we only get longstanding active members to use this service. We know that we have some real solid players that are not active on the forums, but still want those players to be able to participate in this. Go ahead and sign up now, and apply for squad membership anyway. If the staff knows you from in-game we will have no problem adding you to the squad even though you only recently signed up.

Using multiple squad's:

It is possible to have membership of several squads and change them in your profile before logging into the server. This might or might not cause some conflicts locally. We technically made all efforts to prevent such conflicts, but we still recommend to stick to the same squad over longer periods of time instead of switching every other day.

How to apply the squad tags in-game:

- Go to our squad.xml server: https://tags.ahoyworld.net/

- Copy the squad.xml url for the squad you are member of

- Past it into your arma profile

- Log-on our server and the logo should be visible on your uniform and or the side of the vehicle you are driving.

RULES !!

Carrying our logo, name & tag makes you a representative of our community as a whole. We like to think of ourselves as a friendly and trustworthy community and would like to keep it that way. We do take great pride in keeping up the longstanding Arma community friendliness and netiquette as has been the case since 2001. If you cannot live up to this, we will have to remove you from the squad.xml, this might happen without further warning, and in some cases even result of being banned for all our services including the forum.

Offences that will result in retracting your squad.xml membership:

- Any other community or group reports you as misbehaving on their server or forum while carrying our tags (regardless if it's proven or not)

- Misbehaving on our own server resulting in a ban by one of the admins, will get you removed from the server

- Any other offence against our rules that will force us to assume you are not fit to represent us publicly

The staff-team reserves the right to reject any membership application for the squad.xml for any or no reason as we deem fit. In the end we want to have full control who can or cannot represent our community.

They are included, but not yet actually in there, since i dont have the required info.

So Spartans can just post in the thread, or PM any of the admins, with the required info

EDIT: ow yeah, the Ambassadors squad is not yet online, as we are still in the process of creating the logo for it :)

Just leave a post in the application thread with your details, mention the fact you might be new on the forums, but are a known player on the servers.

The rules are like a guideline, and for those that are actually known players we will still add you to the squad regardless of the "rules". The requirement in this case is that we recognize your playername and at least one admin can confirm this.

I amended the first post, with this information.

Is it possible to change the remark after applying?

I just singed in to the squad.xml, I've to wait for the results first of course, but I'd like to know if it's possible. I don't want to change it now, just wondering about the possibilty  :D

• 11 months later...

This seem somewhat vague and I am not sure how to interpert it.

"Above requirements are a rough guideline to insure we only get longstanding active members to use this service."
"If the staff knows you from in-game we will have no problem adding you to the squad even though you only recently signed up."

The general guidelines says 3 months, but admins should know people from in-game far earlier than that if you're at least somewhat active. Does the second quote mean if the admins have "known" your name for 3 months, or simply if they recognise you? One would assume that a player who has been on the servers for 3 months must have been recognized, that he/she has to be known by some admin, or they havn't been fairly active?

I'm mainly wondering because I'm curious about theese tags. I'm fairly new here and do not have 3 month on my account yet. I'm looking forward of getting the the "member"-tag, both in Arma and on TS, but I wouldn't really say that I'm in a hurry, but still curious of "when" it's appropriate.

Other than that, how do the different squads differ?
There is one "Ahoy Members", and then there are some for "game nights", and even some for admins. What's the difference? It it just the tag, or what's up with that?
It even says "Or alternatively if you got a steamy hot wet pantie crush on any of the staff you can apply to

them for consideration to be added to their squad tag" in a post where you sign up for the squads, but noone other than the admin who own that squad is in the admin specific squads, and isn't that really how it's supposed to be?

I'm just generally confused ^^

If the admins haven't heard your name in a negative fashion and you've stuck around for a while i don't see why they cant give it to you now.

The different squads will have different XML names and logos than the other ones. Apply and see what ya get :)

Generally it's 3 months signed up and active on the Forums, 

Since I deal out most of the tags 

If I know of you (recognize your name and not in a bad light) and you've been around a while on TS and in game etc.. you stand a chance of getting added to the .xml quicker, same applies if you can get another admin or mod to vouch for you (sort of like a sponsor) you can get added quicklyer, I call it "the go dry hump an admins right leg" approach 

the Tags themselves are the picture, and appear on your right shoulder in game 

Staff is for staff only

Ahoyworld + (subscribers) is for people who donate cash to the server upkeep, and this is applied instantly upon application & donation verification

Ahoy Member is everyone else after meeting the above criteria 

the admin tags are for the individual admins, I don't think anyone has had any followers (aka dry humpers) apply to theirs yet :D

the EU3 is new and is only achieved by meeting set criteria while playing on the modded server (really hard to get)

Both Badger & Wolfpack are invitation only they were special xmls for two groups of players

• 2 months later...

I just applied to the AW members squad. Ive been a member on the forums for I believe 3 months since I found out you have to be a member on the forum to apply for AW membership. I'm not an active forum poster generally but I have spent all my arma time on only AW servers and hope that weighs more than a post count.
also I'm a member of the TFU team and currently wear a patch on the shoulder of my character. will that affect the AW patch? not sure how that works.

Thanks!

Bob

I just applied to the AW members squad. Ive been a member on the forums for I believe 3 months since I found out you have to be a member on the forum to apply for AW membership. I'm not an active forum poster generally but I have spent all my arma time on only AW servers and hope that weighs more than a post count.

also I'm a member of the TFU team and currently wear a patch on the shoulder of my character. will that affect the AW patch? not sure how that works.

Thanks!

Bob

Yes it will. If you get the tags it will replace the current icon you have now.

Sent from my One Plus 2 using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

the go dry hump an admins right leg

Yeah apart from me ;)

would like to apply as a member of AhoyWorld! 
Believe i meet all the requirements, my forum posts will generally be low... but i participate on only AW servers as well as Team lead during LT missions,

would love the opportunity to represent AW and be apart of the community.

thanks,

BobtheWarrior

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The squad XML is currently down for maintenance,  we were simply transferring the tags onto a new server which has unfortunately caused intermittent problems.  We are currently working on it and hope to have it solved very soon, I will announce once its up and running fully.

FYI it has nothing to do with recent events.

I received a perm-ban on the TS on day one for my username (Qualitycraftingyourpenis; a combination of the two gamertags I roll with), it was however lifted the next second and I wasn't warned before receiving the ban. Like the kick I received on the Arma server. Will this be a deal-breaker for membership for me? I've been active for a month as of today and will be for as long as this server exists, I'm therefore hoping it wouldn't be.

Thank you <3

QC

I can't comment with regard to the bans, but 

On 2/22/2015 at 10:37 AM, kamaradski said:

What are the sign-up requirements (guideline) ?

Ahoy Members:

- At least 3 months forum membership

- Trustworthy in representing the Ahoyworld name and logo also on other servers

- Never been banned from our servers before (regardless if we unbanned you later) ???