cannot connect

greetings,

i downloaded all 28 mods through playwithsix (http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/ZIfcBTmVC0OIPo8etglEOA/AhoyWorld-Modded-Collection-Stuffedsheep).

i get onto the server, select a slot and immediately get thrown out to the mp screen with a "session lost" message.

can anyone help? i'm really keen to get on the modded server.

many thanks in advance :-)

greetings,

i downloaded all 28 mods through playwithsix (http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections/ZIfcBTmVC0OIPo8etglEOA/AhoyWorld-Modded-Collection-Stuffedsheep).

i get onto the server, select a slot and immediately get thrown out to the mp screen with a "session lost" message.

can anyone help? i'm really keen to get on the modded server.

many thanks in advance :-)

It might be FHQ accessories, make sure it's on Version V1.5 not v1.5

If you get stuck, i'm free to help on teamspeak!

thx for the quick reply.

i just checked my mod collection and it shows fhq accessories v1.5. it's labeled green not orange, so it looks to me to be the latest version. is it not? is V1.5 a newer one? also, if 1.4 is required, how can i downgrade in the six-launcher?

also, i do not have an mrt mod in the mod pack. as i said i followed the link posted in the forum (see first post) and that's what i downloaded. is this modpack uptodate?

again, appreciate the help :-)

edit: i just googled around, i can't find a 1.4 version to download...

Why oh why are people still using 6, use the repo it's much easier & mostly faster to DL from, also it stays current to what we have running on the server 

pws will auto update your mods and then you'll be stuck in a spiral of trying to backdate them only for them to update again the next time you run 6 

to get an old version 6 has the option if you select the mod there is a dropdown tab under the mod name on the  right hand side of the screen iirc, that lets you chose previous versions 

this gets messy, especially if we decide to do regular changes or change parts of inner working of mods (a-la AGM mod)

As above it should be V1.5 note the large V not the small v (whoever's (author??) bright idea it was to have the same version number but different case v needs to be brought out shot repeatedly in face with hot love juice) 

The newest PwS version are a bit weird now. You can only change the version in the list that shows you all of your installed mods. That depends where are you installing them (default is My Documents).

But when you click on the Mods tab (left-side menu - contains Games, Mods, Missions, Servers). Then in the second menu defining Playlist, Updates, Browse, etc, select the one called under Local (for me its Game folder - that is my destination for the mods, dont know how My Documents folder appears there), make sure Stuffedsheeps collection is NOT selected.. You should see the whole list of your mods. Now in that list every mod has an option to change version next to it`s current version.

Hopefully, this screenie helps:

NUUcUEA.jpg

thanks for all the help!

i did follow your instruction, pero, and reverted the fhq accessories to 1.4. i could connect to the game but after selecting a slot i had a "session lost" message again and dropped back to the server screen.

i think i'll try the armasync procedure outlined in your how-to-thread.

cheers

edit:

ok, so i followed the instructions as outlined here: http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/3174-how-to-download-the-allowed-addons-the-modded-addons-new-method/

one thing doesn't fit, though. the instructions mention this:

2. Open the userconfig folder and copy (Ctrl+C) both files within it.

in my userconfig folder of the tfar folder there is only one file named: radio_settings.hpp

in my userconfig folder of the arma main directory this hpp file is included.

so when i start the game it crashes with this message: include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp not found

seems like i'm missing the radio keys file. but i just updated with armasync.... any ideas?

thanks for all the help!

i did follow your instruction, pero, and reverted the fhq accessories to 1.4. i could connect to the game but after selecting a slot i had a "session lost" message again and dropped back to the server screen.

i think i'll try the armasync procedure outlined in your how-to-thread.

cheers

edit:

ok, so i followed the instructions as outlined here: http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/3174-how-to-download-the-allowed-addons-the-modded-addons-new-method/'>http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/3174-how-to-download-the-allowed-addons-the-modded-addons-new-method/

one thing doesn't fit, though. the instructions mention this:

2. Open the userconfig folder and copy (Ctrl+C) both files within it.

in my userconfig folder of the tfar folder there is only one file named: radio_settings.hpp

in my userconfig folder of the arma main directory this hpp file is included.

so when i start the game it crashes with this message: include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp not found

seems like i'm missing the radio keys file. but i just updated with armasync.... any ideas?

Are you still having issues? I can help you out tomorrow if you jump on teamspeak and give me a poke.