Somewhat more dynamic weather

MessedUpSmiley

Question

I have no clue on how to realise the things I will be saying in my suggestion as I do not know a single thing about the coding that goes around ARMA 3 servers. If anything seems wrong, please inform me and I will try to edit my suggestion. Reasonable sub-suggestions left in the comments of this one will also be added to the main post.

Dynamic Weather

I would like to see that on randomly chosen days you have other types of weather than the all around sunny weather we seem to be dealing with all the time.

I already know that this is possible using the Zeus interface and I was wondering if it could also be done using some kind of server-ran script which picked a random number per day or etc. and basing on that turned on a diffrent type of weather.

http://gyazo.com/bed322ba8a1b352217db9f96e4656368

You might want to add like a chance per in-game minute or something to actually pick another number so that the system is even more dynamic and the weather does not always change on the same time.

Thanks for reading and please leave a reply which includes your opinion on this.

MessedUpSmiley

8 answers to this question

Weather does not effect ai too much and it also doesn't cause too much of a performance loss. Why I haven't put in a random weather script is because said script will have a bit of a performance hit and from what I've seen all random/dynamic weather scripts have 1 flaw, fog. All weather scripts will eventually spawn fog and fog in arma is almost impossible to get rid of.

So, if I understand you right Raz, a properly heavy downpour to the point that spotting targets at 200 meters becomes impossible, will still leave the AI able to detect players with impunity?

I'm all for more dynamic weather, but not if the AI will see through it like they do with grass. That's just BS.

I have tried to mess with the weather but it seems to be broken. I set it to cloudy and the game just progressively gets foggier as the mission goes on and I find myself annoyingly having to 0 setFog 0;

We used to have an older version that started the game with 50% cover but as stated above, it'll get foggy eventually.

unfortunately the wide user base feels  that rail ruins their FPS (it doesn't but the majority seem to think it does) so that's the reason we see a lot of good weather.

this

unfortunately the wide user base feels  that rail ruins their FPS (it doesn't but the majority seem to think it does) so that's the reason we see a lot of good weather.

i third this, what wait? ;)

You need to take that on board fellas. (apart from where  i said rail instead of rain).

Most of the pub stompers truly believe you're ruining the game for them when you put a bit of weather on