overzealous clean up scripts

subx

Could the clean up scripts be made less aggressive or some objects treated with more care?

The main problem I've had is with building launchers, where one backpack is placed on the ground and then another used with it. I'd estimate that about one in ten times the first backpack gets garbage collected before you can back with the second to assemble the launcher. And when this happens a long way from base, it's very annoying. There shouldn't be that many backpacks on the server, could they each have a timer when dropped to prevent deletion for an amount of time?

It's not just backpacks though, I had just assembled a launcher when an AO completed and it vanished - presumably the AO clean up script deleted it. Shouldn't there be differentiation between friendly and enemy launchers?

Trying to scavenge items from dead enemies is almost impossible too, because they disappear so fast, but I guess a line has to be drawn somewhere for server performance.

1. Launchers - this is supposed to be a 2 / 3 person job so it's reasonable that if you drop a bag containing the 1st section by the time you get back with 2nd pack the first is gone 

2. the clean up script removes everything that is on the ground longer then a given time to help improve performance,

as even the slightest piece of debris contributes to a hit on the server output, so the less the better and the most regular and easiest item to track and remove from the ground are gear dead bodies and packs, where as spent bullets, bullet casing, dust, insects & pollen are less of an easy target to cleanup as they are much more random 

1. Launchers - this is supposed to be a 2 / 3 person job so it's reasonable that if you drop a bag containing the 1st section by the time you get back with 2nd pack the first is gone 

The backpacks sometimes disappear within a couple of seconds of being dropped, so even if you have two people, you still run into problems. It seems like the clean up runs at intervals with no regard for how long items have been "discarded" for, and if you happen to drop something just before clean up occurs, then you're out of luck. I guess a simple (low overhead) way to give a bit more time could be to have the script have to find some objects twice before removal.

2. the clean up script removes everything that is on the ground longer then a given time to help improve performance,

I understand this, but was wondering why blufor launchers (removed) are treated differently to blufor vehicles (not removed) on AO completion.