HLC Weaponpacks (AR15 & MP5)

I tried AR15 mod couple weeks/ a month or two ago (can`t really remember), its a great mod with a lot of detail, even its own great sounds. The only thing I didn`t like much is how twisted right wrist is when you`re holding the gun.

I still agree with ya, its a great mod and a vote for it to be added to the mod preset.

The reason that we haven't added HLC AR15's is simple: its a large mod and the only weapons it adds are the weapons out of every hollywood movie every produced. Most of the weapons cannot fit a suppressor, sight or rail attachments and those that can add them are solely for looks and would never actually be used in the military.

The MP5's is another story, but also with this is the question if it is useful. It may look nice but remember, if you need to engage a target at 300 to 400 meters away with a 9mm sub machinegun will you be able to take him down without using a whole magazine? I don't think so.

To conclude this, HLC AR15's will not be added, HLC MP5's is a maybe. The chance will increase significantly when we move to a more CQB orientated map (guess which one)

As for the requests other people have put in about adding sniper rifles. There is no mod which adds those to our current modpack so those will be added in the future.

On the brightside, there already is HK variant that is essencially MP5, but with higher caliber and you can store it within your backpack.

Some marksman rifles also fit in the backpacks allowing swapping between weapons when entering urban areas.

The reason that we haven't added HLC AR15's is simple: its a large mod and the only weapons it adds are the weapons out of every hollywood movie every produced. Most of the weapons cannot fit a suppressor, sight or rail attachments and those that can add them are solely for looks and would never actually be used in the military.

"cannot fit a suppressor" the hole AR15 set can equipt with supressors i've seen a short testvideo on Swissmaveriks youtube channel and you have costum supressor sounds included also so for rail attachments

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15

The MP5's is another story, but also with this is the question if it is useful. It may look nice but remember, if you need to engage a target at 300 to 400 meters away with a 9mm sub machinegun will you be able to take him down without using a whole magazine? I don't think so.

yes I agree with you ! but a supplement for pilots and room clearing if you have only semi automatic guns in your inventory..

Edited by NightOWL

• 3 weeks later...