Why is I&A not in Make Arma Not War?

L_Jacobs

From what we know he became a lot less active last year and has a busy real life lik many of us. I assume he just hasn't had time for looking into it. Shame yes but it is his choice after all. I think he looked into finishing i&a3 for it but, time I think.

From what we know he became a lot less active last year and has a busy real life lik many of us. I assume he just hasn't had time for looking into it. Shame yes but it is his choice after all. I think he looked into finishing i&a3 for it but, time I think.

It would be a collective effort of a few different bodies of work from different authors so although we know who the winners really are that make up arguably the best game mode on ARMA 3 with the most players/hours playing it, we have to let it slip by.

Thanks for your nomination though! :) means a lot to us that you suggest it

As the guys have said, there are a couple reasons.

1. Its uniquely Rareks version of the Domination gamemode. His choice to make, and his to submit.

2. Even he could not simply submit the current version of I&A in MANW, since there is just too much 3rd party content. Some time ago I added the Credits tab on the map as a courtesy to all the coders work who have gone into it. Press M, look left side, "Credits" tab, in which is a list of people who have made not insignificant contributions. For instance, the Vehicle Respawn system as of 2.79D is Tophe's work, not Jacks. The Group manager, that is aerosons work. View distance and VAS? Tonics work. Defend sequence and urban mission enemy spawning? Bangabob's work. Revive medical system? Author is Giallustio of Black Templars Clan.

Not to mention the not-insignificant contributions by AW members.

I think you would have to go back to a Stratis Beta version to find a version that only Rarek worked on, and even then he'd have to have removed the third party content before making a legitimate submission.

It is unfortunate as I would like to see co-op or more milsim oriented missions contending in the contenst, and I think BIS would like to see those gamemodes as well, rather than Altis Life, Wasteland, A3L etc. simply because it is more in the spirit of the sim and actually showcases a lot of the work BIS put into the game. There are very very few other gamemodes where the BIS devs can see much of their work in action by 50+ players. Having spoken on and off to a couple BI devs in past few months, when they push AI changes onto Stable branch, they use I&A servers to assess the results.

As for the MANW multiplayer gamemode winner(s)...

I am confident from what I've seen that they will be well coded missions that no one will play unless some marketing massaging is done, aside from a few exceptions (KOTH).