Fork Ahoy I&A mission

tym32167

Hi there. 

My name is Artem. 

I take part in our small game project and we use some version of I&A mission.

Of course we made a number of changes in mission (I mean, mission editing, scripts managements and others).

Really, I'm just beginner with arma scripts and I have a some questions about mission.

1. Are there any license for mission? Can other game projects use this mission in own business?

2. As I not part of this community (AW), can I ask any questions about arma scripting there?

3. If I will find any bug in mission (I really already found), can I post it there?

I open the source our version of I&A on github, feel free to check it.

Regds, tym32167.

Hi there. 

My name is Artem. 

Of course we made a number of changes in mission (I mean, mission editing, scripts managements and others).

Really, I'm just beginner with arma scripts and I have a some questions about mission.

1. Are there any license for mission? Can other game projects use this mission in own business?

2. As I not part of this community (AW), can I ask any questions about arma scripting there?

3. If I will find any bug in mission (I really already found), can I post it there?

Regds, tym32167.

well for question one I would say dont try and go lame to make money off someone elses Idea....if you would like to setup a sub system or subscription base system start from scratch. not flaming here just seen too many projects try and turn that road and burn hard. Then if you use ANY scripts or works from anyone else in the arma community always post their credits for work...nothing worse than putting hard work in and getting stiffed by someone.

answer number 2....google and the arma bible are your best friends in the world....most php/java formats work with arma and there are others but just best to do some reading and keep trying....arma is get for game devs just starting out or well seasoned.....and yes redit is okay for somethings but best to stick to armaholics forums and arma bible for anything and everything code lol.....

and for 3....bugs...well thats easy....welcome to arma the home of we break full systems in the smallest of updates for client side or server...keeps you on your toes....

as far as asking for things here that is up to the community and most of all site/mission owner.

welcome to the backend world of arma and hope you learn a lot and most of all have fun with it....I am willing to help with some things but to catch me with free time is hard because I head up dev work for 11 servers now lol....but since I like this mission pack I try and check back here as much as I can.

-=D2D=-Wookie 

^_^

Hey few points
Everyone is free to use and edit the mission as they feel
Once credit is given to the original author - Rarek and AhoyWorld

There is one issue though you say you want to use for business and this is causing us some discussion
can you clarify if you mean you wish to use it as a basis of pay to play, if so this would be in breach of T&C's of Bohemia Interactive and you would have to seek separate licences for such a venture as they are the owner's of the IP (intellectual property)
Or have we misunderstood as English is not your native language

Yep, it just my bad english :) 

We have a project which consists of 

1. web site (forum)

2. several servers with running Arma 3 Servers

3. All servers is free for players. 

4. We non-commercial, all participants, which take part in project, do it by own wish. 

5. We have not any relationships with money (no pays from anybody to anybody). 

6. We even haven't donate yet :) I mean, if somebody wants to pay us, he cant, because we have not such ability as donate :)

When I said "business", I meant just work, which all participants doing in project. Dont know, how can I describe my opinion else  :)

Sorry for my english skills  ;)

Hi there. 

My name is Artem. 

Regds, tym32167.

That is quite an old code base (a february build I think) you are working with, I would suggest either one of the later 2.75 builds or AW 2.77 build. IIRC that one you have was released during the re-structure, and there were still some scripts that were not properly partitioned between server and player. 

As for credit, do your best to leave Rarek and Ahoyworld with primary credits. I have made mistakes from time to time myself and always regret it when looking back. At the least, if you code something and it is inspired by the work of another, reference them in your work and since the I&A 2 design belongs to AW, even if you re-code it, the mission idea should still be credited to them.