Josh

[HOW TO] Install the AhoyWorld Enhanced (and Public!) mods + Install TFAR

Hi,

I've done everything but I have got one question... the mods I installed are all red what does that mean?

Dalil,

Red where? also 1000th post

So I've ticked all the official mods and opened up Arma III and clicked on the EU #1 server however the mods aren't running?

Edit: Josh solved it!

So I have a quick question.  I am interested in playing on the server, and have installed A3Sync, set up and downloaded the "Official" mods repo.
I starrted to set up the EU3 "modded" repo, and noticed that I already have quite a few of the current mods.
BUT, the repo showed almost all of them in Red, with the yellow caution flag, indicating they needed to be updated.

I currently run these mods in other servers, and they show green on the A3 Launcher mod tab, as being up to date.

If I update from the "modded" repo, with this change my current installed mods, and preclude me from using them on other servers?  Or all the "modded" repo files just currently up to date files and I am somehow not up to date?

Thanks!

What you can do, you can install mods from our repo to a different (custom) folder.

On the Addons Options tab, in Addon Search Directories select/create a new one. Make sure when you connect to the repo you select the correct folder (the one you created) in "Default destination folder".

That should prevent any conflicts with your mods installed in your main mod folder.

Ok, so I just need to set up a new EU#3 Modded folder for the custom mods, and download all files from the repo to that folder.
Then when I want to play, use A3Sync and load mods from that folder to play on the server.

Got it, thanks!

Important note: the repo was updated today (November 23) and it included the ALIVE mod, which isn't needed for Gauntlet - in fact, if you enable it, you won't be able to join the EU3 server.  So update the modset with Arma3Sync, check the boxes that are newly added - except for ALIVE - and then you should be able to join.

-R

Hey guys! I am new here and I would LOVE to play in the EU 3 server but I have a problem. This problem is with the downloading the ad-dons. Each time I click the play button it comes with a message saying " Download has been canceled due to too many errors" what should I do?

Note: (this might be helpful to you letting me know if the problem is caused by this) I can't open ArmA3Sync in the normal way (Double Clicking) I must access as the Administrator. Does that cause or is only a part of why I can't download the ad-dons?

Please help me.

PS: If this problem is not fixable do I download the ad-dons each 1 by 1? Or does that not work?

I just started playing Arma3 again, and decided to switch to Arma3Sync from PlayWithSix.

I initially wanted the MODDED list, but it was close to 17GB and wanted to play now, so i went with the OFFICIAL list instead rolling in at 3.8GB, now my questions are;

What am i missing?

The Tast Force Radio addon is included in the MODDED but not the OFFICIAL, does this matter when installing the mod as in the guide?

ACE3 is not included in the OFFICIAL, but is in the MODDED, do i need it? 

Thansk for helping me out, hope to see you on the battlefield :) 

I just started playing Arma3 again, and decided to switch to Arma3Sync from PlayWithSix.

I initially wanted the MODDED list, but it was close to 17GB and wanted to play now, so i went with the OFFICIAL list instead rolling in at 3.8GB, now my questions are;

What am i missing?

The Tast Force Radio addon is included in the MODDED but not the OFFICIAL, does this matter when installing the mod as in the guide?

ACE3 is not included in the OFFICIAL, but is in the MODDED, do i need it? 

Thansk for helping me out, hope to see you on the battlefield :)

Hi, PhillOS, welcome to AW!

The "MODDED" server mod list is only used for the more tactical, heavily-modded EU#3 server, where the "OFFICIAL" mod list is for use on the more open-play servers, EU#1/2 (and others depending on what they have running on #4/5). The two share some mods, but once you download a mod, it can be activated by either mod list when using the launcher--no need to download twice. The "OFFICIAL" mods are not needed to play on the casual servers (EU#1/2), but act more as optional game-play enhancements. Mods such as ACE3, TFAR, etc. change core gameplay mechanics for EU#3, and require a bit more learning.

Check out this thread for Official Mod list info:

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/763-eu1-2-accepted-addons-repository-info/

And this one for Modded EU#3 guidelines:

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/3556-eu3-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

Be sure to check out the other "stickied" guide threads for EU#3 for tips on usage, etc. Hope this helps! (Also, anyone who knows better than myself, feel free to correct any errors...)

mech

Whether you mod through Arma3Sync, or PlaywithSix, as of today's date, here are the MODs you'll need:

• @ACE3_3.4.1
  • @CBA_A3
  • @Clafghan
  • @CUP_Chernarus
  • @CUP_Chernarus_Summer
  • @CUP_Sahrani
  • @CUP_Shapur
  • @CUP_Takistan
  • @CUP_Terrains
  • @CUP_Utes
  • @CUP_Zargabad
  • @DAC
  • @Fallujah
  • @fsf_al_rayak
  • @hlcmods_core
  • @hlcmods_fal
  • @hlcmods_g3
  • @hlcmods_m60e4
  • @hlcmods_mp5
  • @hlcmods_saw
  • @MELB
  • @MFFA_1.0.5
  • @mrt_accfncs
  • @panthera_a3
  • @rh_pistol_a3
  • @rhs_afrf_0.3.9.1
  • @rhs_usaf_0.3.9.1
  • @SMA
  • @SpecialSaus
  • @st_gi
  • @st_map_gestures
  • @st_nametags
  • @st_stamina_bar
  • @sthud_a3
  • @task_force_radio
  • @tf47_launchers
  • @tf47_launchers_rhs
  • @TRYK

The ALIVE mod is currently part of the repo, but AFAIK it was included for future compatibility with the upcoming Valiant mission.  Including it won't prevent play with the Gauntlet mission, however.

I personally also use Blastcore Phoenix without difficulty.

-R

Hi, PhillOS, welcome to AW!

The "MODDED" server mod list is only used for the more tactical, heavily-modded EU#3 server, where the "OFFICIAL" mod list is for use on the more open-play servers, EU#1/2 (and others depending on what they have running on #4/5). The two share some mods, but once you download a mod, it can be activated by either mod list when using the launcher--no need to download twice. The "OFFICIAL" mods are not needed to play on the casual servers (EU#1/2), but act more as optional game-play enhancements. Mods such as ACE3, TFAR, etc. change core gameplay mechanics for EU#3, and require a bit more learning.

Check out this thread for Official Mod list info:

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/763-eu1-2-accepted-addons-repository-info/

And this one for Modded EU#3 guidelines:

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/3556-eu3-rules-and-guidelines-please-read/

Be sure to check out the other "stickied" guide threads for EU#3 for tips on usage, etc. Hope this helps! (Also, anyone who knows better than myself, feel free to correct any errors...)

mech

Thanks for clarifying that.

I ran into another problem, when launching arma i get the following error "include file userconfig\LAxemann\L_ES.hpp not found"

EDIT: Fixed it by copying the folder from

E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@l_es\userconfig

to 

E:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Userconfig

Dunno.. but it worked. 

Thanks for clarifying that.

I ran into another problem, when launching arma i get the following error "include file userconfig\LAxemann\L_ES.hpp not found"

EDIT: Fixed it by copying the folder

Yep, when installing any mods, always make sure all "userconfig" folders are both consolidated and located outside their respective @modname folder

Yep, when installing any mods, always make sure all "userconfig" folders are both consolidated and located outside their respective @modname folder

Wow, okay.. uhmm, i just have 2 right now in there, TaskForceRadio and LAxemann.. And i applied all the official mods, which seem to be working, im getting nice big plumes of smoke now, and much MUCH lower FPS than before :D 

Guest Gianko

Hey guys! I am new here and I would LOVE to play in the EU 3 server but I have a problem. This problem is with the downloading the ad-dons. Each time I click the play button it comes with a message saying " Download has been canceled due to too many errors" what should I do?

Note: (this might be helpful to you letting me know if the problem is caused by this) I can't open ArmA3Sync in the normal way (Double Clicking) I must access as the Administrator. Does that cause or is only a part of why I can't download the ad-dons?

Please help me.

PS: If this problem is not fixable do I download the ad-dons each 1 by 1? Or does that not work?

Please help me.

You have to run in administrator mode. Connect to the repo, check for files then download them all. Remember, it's a LOT you need to download, upwards of 25 gigs. You NEED the mods in order to play. Also, TeamSpeak is mandatoy, which you also need to run in administrator mode!

You have to run in administrator mode. Connect to the repo, check for files then download them all. Remember, it's a LOT you need to download, upwards of 25 gigs. You NEED the mods in order to play. Also, TeamSpeak is mandatoy, which you also need to run in administrator mode!

The problem is not with the administrator mode. The Problem is that there is too many files that have errors. I have also spotted that when I check for ad-dons below it says "Files to Update" and "Files to Delete"  there are no files to delete though, there are 2290 files to update and each time I select all and try to download them it says "The download had been canceled due to many errors." If you know what is going on please help me. (If I cant fix this can I install all the ad-dons individually?)

The problem is not with the administrator mode. The Problem is that there is too many files that have errors. I have also spotted that when I check for ad-dons below it says "Files to Update" and "Files to Delete"  there are no files to delete though, there are 2290 files to update and each time I select all and try to download them it says "The download had been canceled due to many errors." If you know what is going on please help me. (If I cant fix this can I install all the ad-dons individually?)

So it's not letting you download the files in Arma3Sync? Try a fresh download of Arma3Sync, seems like your version might be corrupt?

I guess it would be somewhat possible to download the files by hand but they get updated so often it'll quickly become a huge burden.

So it's not letting you download the files in Arma3Sync? Try a fresh download of Arma3Sync, seems like your version might be corrupt?

I guess it would be somewhat possible to download the files by hand but they get updated so often it'll quickly become a huge burden.

Thanks! I downloaded again the same version but it asked me if I wanted to install the newest one now. It must work. Thanks a lot! :) (3 MINUTES LATER) Ok the problem it still did not get fixed. :( The Addons are still red with the yellow triangle next to them in the repository content.

It might not get fixed because i daownloaded ArmASyinc from the same website. If you have the right link can you send it?

PS:Karate Pyjamas thanks a lot for your help so far! :)

Thanks! I downloaded again the same version but it asked me if I wanted to install the newest one now. It must work. Thanks a lot! :) (3 MINUTES LATER) Ok the problem it still did not get fixed. :( The Addons are still red with the yellow triangle next to them in the repository content.

It might not get fixed because i daownloaded ArmASyinc from the same website. If you have the right link can you send it?

PS:Karate Pyjamas thanks a lot for your help so far! :)

quickly just check that you have a location set for your addon search directories in the addons tab and also make sure you have select all ticked but auto discover off. and make sure a destination folder has been set. 

quickly just check that you have a location set for your addon search directories in the addons tab and also make sure you have select all ticked but auto discover off. and make sure a destination folder has been set. 

How and where do I do thea? I have no clue.