Josh

[HOW TO] Install the AhoyWorld Enhanced (and Public!) mods + Install TFAR

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

okay cool, i think the problem may have been having things duplicated or trying to log onto enhanced with the steam mods loaded or something. 

It's not recommended to rename the workshop mods to work on AWE, by using our own prefixed we can enable/disable parts of mods without them interfering with the "original". That said, it does mean a lot of things a re duplicate, but it prevents the returning question of broken/conflicting mods from workshop and the repo.

I think i got it all to work after resetting all of it. still had a little issue when trying to join the server via armasync. I attached a screengrab of it. 

I got through to Enhanced through the server browser in-game. 

Screenshot (1).png

30 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I think i got it all to work after resetting all of it. still had a little issue when trying to join the server via armasync. I attached a screengrab of it. 

I got through to Enhanced through the server browser in-game. 

Check the repo mods again. You're probably missing a couple files.

Another quick  question. 

are the public server mods automatically part of the enhanced set of mods? i dont see a way of having armasync load both sets of mods when i 

launch into enhanced. 

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Another quick  question. 

are the public server mods automatically part of the enhanced set of mods? i dont see a way of having armasync load both sets of mods when i 

launch into enhanced. 

You only want to launch with one set anyway. The enhanced modset contains the only mods that are allowed on the server.

1 minute ago, Blue-958- said:

You only want to launch with one set anyway. The enhanced modset contains the only mods that are allowed on the server.

I was really just wondering if the public set of mods were also in the enhanced server, or if the sound mods and such werent. 

48 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I was really just wondering if the public set of mods were also in the enhanced server, or if the sound mods and such werent. 

No, we don't use any of the sound mods on the server. Anything outside of the mod pack isn't allowed on server either, so trying to boot with a sound mod will just kick you off.

Finally getting round to re-downloading everything for the AWE server. Shame that I'm having to download a considerable amount of mods from ones that I have subscribed to in Steam. Still, when I am done, I will be terrible again on AWE :D

46 minutes ago, Zico said:

Finally getting round to re-downloading everything for the AWE server. Shame that I'm having to download a considerable amount of mods from ones that I have subscribed to in Steam. Still, when I am done, I will be terrible again on AWE :D

Because they're named differently to avoid conflicts. Too many people didn't notice that was their problem.

Not a complaint at the repository, more of a mumble at the Steam workshop and it's random string of numbers it names all the downloads subscribed to.

I'm seemingly unable to download the reaming mods via ArmaSync.

The remaining are:

CBA_A3, Bozcaada, Acex, Ace and all of the 3CB_Baf mods (as per screen snip). I have left Sync to try and download the remaining items but it simply does nothing (although last night I did get a FTP connection message after stopping/starting the download a few times in attempt to get things going).

as01.JPG

as02.JPG

keep trying it'll work eventually :)  Just download one mod to start with.  If that still keeps bugging out download a dozen files at a time.  If that doesn't work download one file at a time.  If that doesn't work go do something else for an hour and try again :) 

TFAR installation guide mod names are outdated.
@task_force_radio is now (I guess) @AW_task_force_radio (step 3 and red part).

Thanks will update the thread by the end of the week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using a phone app that is really irritating because it constantly advertises itself.

Hello everybody.

I'm new to this forum, but I'm eager to get started with Arma3 Enhanced / modded. I am trying to install the mods via Arma3Sync, but I get an error-message everytime I start a download. Yesterday I could download the mods for approximately 10 minutes, today it's gone down to seconds before this message pops up.

If I wait for about 20 minutes I can refresh the mods-list, but when I start downloading, it downloads for about 10 seconds and then this message pops up. I am not able to connect to the ftp through my browser. Not on my PC, not om my phone. However, if I turn off the wifi on my phone, I can get to the server immediately. Is it possible that I get blocked after a few seconds when I start downloading from the FTP?

I could really use some help up here.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Naamloos.jpg

Hey @Timmeeh,

Just in my personal experience, this message is common and just requires multiple attempts to get through. You'll usually get this message repetitively when there are a lot of players on the server; just keep trying to connect and you should be fine.  

I've also had a lot of problems with errors during downloading. It'll do the same thing you're having trouble with: download for about 10 seconds, have an error (although mine is a "failed to download" error), and I'll have to start it up again. This has persisted throughout entire nights sometimes, but once again, all I can recommend is just continually trying. 

On a side note, what might also help is once you can see the mod list, go through places like Armaholic and download them manually. I'd say about 80% of the mods are able to be gained this way. If you do this you can bypass most of the repo downloading process which might minimize your errors.

I’m quite new and I tried to follow this guideline to get on AWE but anytime I try to open Armaholic to download Armsync it states the website is blocked. Is there a more updated guideline I could follow or is this a issue only I am having?

4 minutes ago, BBFSGaming said:

How have people got around the outdated  API for the TFAR plugin, ive tried reinstalling it but it still says its 19 needs 21 or 22?

I have a build ready that needs to go live that should fix the issue short term till we update the mod fully 

I have both the enhanced and public repositories installed on my pc via ArmaSync. I use dynasound and enhanced soundscape of the public one with the enhanced repository, with no problems.

Since last public repository update, the enhanced soundscape cause issues, meaning my game cannot start. I have this error message when the game boots. Note that i can play fine with Dynasound

Addon sys.jpg

When I tried to connect to the AWE server last night I could not get any voice comms  to work. I had started TS in the normal way, connected with the AhoyWorld channel, but in game my previous radio button gave the message “TS closed the pipe” when pressed. In addition the normal push to speak function was inoperative as well. Is this a fault my end or was there an issue on the server? It worked as before on the public server.