Modded Server

BACONMOP

It's always like that when i decide to write something :D

The repo is confirmed to be down and the problem should be solved later today or tomorrow during the day.

So maybe it was you who jinxed it! :D

The only reason i know that the repo is down is because i was downloading speed of sound thing from the official list in testing purposes, and noticed that my download isn't going anywhere.

Hmmmm.. Maybe i broke it after all.. :o

Got some suggestions for transport helicpoters and an nice information display mod reviewed in this 2 vids. The mods will in my opinion add another touch of realism to the modpack especially the flight information display.

In flight information display:

The helicopters:

Got some suggestions for transport helicpoters and an nice information display mod reviewed in this 2 vids. The mods will in my opinion add another touch of realism to the modpack especially the flight information display.

In flight information display:

The helicopters:

Those fixes are a godsend. I had earlier suggested the HAFM helis mod itself, but you know how notoriously buggy it is. I too vote for Kimi's overhaul and HMD display.

Armaholic links:

Kimis's HMD: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26351

Kimi's US heli overhaul: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26349

It even has camera lock option wow!

Agree the HMD is nice, and has some nice touches 

but the helo's pack is not so good, the handling of all them except the chinook & huey venom are horrible you can loop barrel roll all of them on the spot, and they flip on the ground with the slightest touch of the stick.

they're gettig there but they still need a huge config update

Agree the HMD is nice, and has some nice touches 

but the helo's pack is not so good, the handling of all them except the chinook & huey venom are horrible you can loop barrel roll all of them on the spot, and they flip on the ground with the slightest touch of the stick.

they're gettig there but they still need a huge config update

Tbh, the HMD is really not even needed. All the helos have the pitch/roll indicator in the dash(and you should know if you are pitching forward or not anyways). Airspeed and altitude you can see from the default thing(along with failure warnings). Gunship(not that we have any atm) range to target indication you get from the gunner or from waypoint. Landing lights and anti-collision lights, you really need special notification for them?

The only thing that would be good is flares to the LB. Not that it makes any sense that a helmet mounted display mod adds them in the first place.

There is already the chinook on the server that has it's own problems(people getting stuck to the ramp, everything looking giant when you look from the inside/etc). So is there really a need for bunch of helos that really don't work right and information on a hud type of thing that really doesn't add anything?

IMO there is more realism to keep this mod away from the server. After all, there is a reason why they exist and it's not so you can see your airspeed when doing transpo with LB. :)

This is just a query, the pack that adds the silly amount of weapons with multiple variants that just make using vas painful, do we really need it?

Dont get me wrong i like the variety but if these weapons were done without the need to have 10 versions of each weapon listed it would be so much nicer. Based on my experience getting setup on mission start takes like 10-15 mins and thats purely waiting for vas and then trying to use it, which again i dont mind but would love to cut it down/make it nicer to use.

Are there any smaller packs of weapons that use an attachment system that doesnt require 10 of each weapon in lists?

Thats really the only thing bugging me so far. Everything else is fun as hell.

This is just a query, the pack that adds the silly amount of weapons with multiple variants that just make using vas painful, do we really need it?

Dont get me wrong i like the variety but if these weapons were done without the need to have 10 versions of each weapon listed it would be so much nicer. Based on my experience getting setup on mission start takes like 10-15 mins and thats purely waiting for vas and then trying to use it, which again i dont mind but would love to cut it down/make it nicer to use.

Are there any smaller packs of weapons that use an attachment system that doesnt require 10 of each weapon in lists?

As far as I know there isn't another pack which has such a wide variety of weapons, and I know that some people enjoy using weapons featured in the NATO pack. I think unless a pack with similar variety is found we will be sticking with the pack, I agree VAS takes too long to load now though. 

Also try using the Arsenal. It has most of the different variations of the weapons removed.

Also try using the Arsenal. It has most of the different variations of the weapons removed.

Does it have the same loadout loading bug from the main server (in that it wont load saved loadouts), thats really the only reason I still use VAS tbh. Ill give it a try tonight though for sure.

oh another thing I wanted to ask, would it be possible to edit the mission to add something like this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22522

Its something I miss when I play missions like I&A, ill use my normal excuse of I dont mod Arma (im a software programmer by trade and ive modded everything else, no idea why Arma has escaped!) so not a clue how you define the units but if the unit can be defined and this script applied to them, from my reading they will hunt buildings down and garrison them. Do this for 2-3 fireteams per large AO and I feel the mission takes on a whole new level.

I dont want that safe feeling when moving through town, only looking up roads and alleys, I want to systematically sweep a town checking every building, I want it to take time and I want be bricking it the whole time. When Zissou (I think, might have been Elcour) on EU1 took up Zeus and had guys on roofs, it turned a normal sidemission to destroy some crates with my 6-7 man squad into a "WHERE THE HELLS THAT FIRE COMING FROM!" FALLBACK!" "CLEAR THAT BUILDING!" "FIND HIGH GROUND!" "RETURN FIRE!" type dealio which was one of my fav moments on EU1 to date. I want MOAR!

Itd be nice to have this but I dont think it needs someone on Zeus to achieve something passable. This is actually making me want to download the mission and start messing....but ill never play again if i do that...i know it :P

edit - ok its begun....im staring at code...i see Shukos garrison script being referenced in the code but not used as far as I can tell, isnt that for Arma2, I dont think this script can work on 3 can it? I dont think building positions work the same. So could we replace this with the above....*continues fiddling*

@Skully,

What i do now is when i join the server, use arsenal to get my gear sorted then save it in VAS(what usually has finished loading by then), and load it from VAS on respawns.

The Nato weaponpack has too many pre-made weapon combinations tbh. I don't think i have used any of them "out-of-the-box", i always tend to make my own setup.

As for garrisoning AI, i think MCC does the same thing(fortify area) along with million other things in Zeus like manner. Might be good to use it as a reinforcement spawner or something, Im not sure if it will work in the server tho. :/

We're currently working on all the above issues and mod discussions to work out what will come in the next update and so on.

Just to expand on this post: We're probably going to shift the mission over to Patrol Operations 3.1.

Which will be a lot more squad based and better playing style for that of EU#3. 

Also it will include a much nicer version of VAS which will have A LOT less weapons in it as Stone mentions above...

As for new mods coming in and mods being removed, it involves a lot of talking on our part and some are coming out to be replaced with others. But they're all small mods. So nothing very large.

A3MP and the new map we're pushing back until we feel ready to add it in and add it in properly.

Just because i totally forgot and followed the help post exactly. A dmall reminder, You can use the shacktac hud mods on your client. Get them they will help no end with squad management which we found last night to be ermmmm fun...