VA update missed items!

Josh

Actually finding VA much better than vas,

Regarding loading saves I've found that you need to have the weapon for the particular load out in your hands to activate load outs for that weapon

FFor example I have 3 mk200 saves with varying equipment, to activate the load out I go to VA chose a mk from the weapon list open the load screen and a all 3 mk load outs will be available to select

If I want to swap to another weapon load out I change to that weapon then go to the load screen again

As for finding mags etc just open the backpack selection and you get a list of ammo for the weapons you have in load out if you want to carry ammo for a different weapon as ammo bearer then choose the weapon first add the ammo select your own weapon again and save the load out

"Actually finding VA much better than vas,

Regarding loading saves I've found that you need to have the weapon for the particular load out in your hands to activate load outs for that weapon

FFor example I have 3 mk200 saves with varying equipment, to activate the load out I go to VA chose a mk from the weapon list open the load screen and a all 3 mk load outs will be available to select

If I want to swap to another weapon load out I change to that weapon then go to the load screen again

As for finding mags etc just open the backpack selection and you get a list of ammo for the weapons you have in load out if you want to carry ammo for a different weapon as ammo bearer then choose the weapon first add the ammo select your own weapon again and save the load out"

Could you add this to the FAQ? People ask about the VA all the time.

Btw. having the weapon of a particular load out doesn't always activate the load outs for that weapon.

Actually I have noted that sometimes MX activates MX3GL load out?

Failing to see the improvement, since VA has a less streamlined and less clear interface than VAS.

Ouch subx, kinda hurts to hear that.

The problem is that it's a BIS UI, and I don't think they've ever made a good one. The obvious thing a UI for filing your inventory needs to do is provide an easy way to see what's in your inventory. Because VA has no overview, it makes organising your stuff much harder than it should be. VAS is by no means perfect, but at least I don't exit it and find things in my inventory I didn't know were there.

What would you be concentrating on if this was your project?

Since you ask (and at almost the other end of the scale of mission deisgn), I would look to move beyond aimless random missions, by developing some kind of campaign framework for AOs and side missions to occur in, so that gradually the island can be invaded and annexed. Would give players a greater sense of purpose, and open up many interesting avenues for mission variation, without damaging the core pick up and play gameplay.