Stripped down version

lawndartleo

Before I go ticking people off, I first want to say THANK YOU! for such a great mission.  Invade & Annex is one of those creations that makes ArmA III worth playing and I as well as countless other players are indebted to the author.  Jack Williams and team.... hats off to you!

One of the great things about ArmA and these missions is the ability to tweak away at your heats content.  I have done so on our server (68.232.175.113) and given very obvious and up front props to Ahoyworld and Jack for his efforts.  With that said, I'd like to ask if there is a stripped version that simply has the conflict engine in it and not all the rest.  We all have our preferences for what to use for medical, respawn, logistics and such.  I have successfully integrated the scripts for these features that my clan prefers but I am sure it leaves us with a lot of unused overhead.  So, that left me wondering... is it possible to get a bare bones conflict only mission?  Maybe because I have put in our preferences and disabled the defaults it's not even an issue.

This in not in any way disrespectful to the author and his selections.  Thanks and apologies in advance if I have ruffled any feathers.  That is not my intent.

No disrespect taken. Ty for enjoying the mission. We always encourage our users to tweak it to their liking.

The bad part is, to have us remove everything to a bare bones would be something you want to find someone with time to do.

How much or what all are you looking at having removed?

Hi Jester,

I believe I have it figured out.  Just parsing through the init.sqf has exposed all the scripts called and I can disable them as I see fit.

One remaining question.... group management.  In order to use our preferred script, I believe all I have to do is comment out

0 = [] execVM 'group_manager.sqf';

Is that correct?

yes you are correct. or you can just delete that line altogether. Then remove "group_manager.sqf" from the whole mission. (want to keep it as slim and trim as possible so your users dont have to download huge missions to connect to your server.

Yea, the reason i was asking you what all you wanted removed before is because i was gonna suggest that you try removing the stuff yourself.

An easy way to go about doing it is just as you have, look inside the init.sqf and look for various stuff it is initializing. OR you could go to aramholics and look for any addons that we are using inside the mission. Such as BTC revive. Look how you are supposed to install that mod in a mission, then reverse engineer it in the mission, just do the opposite of how to install it.

I know that a while ago I tried to label all things that were being initialized in the Init, but I have been away from the scene for some time and not sure what all has changed in the mission while I was gone and if that proceedure is still being followed.

Thanks Jester...

Is there a more appropriate thread to discuss some of the inner workings of the mission, specifically...

1) Pilot check never works.

2) The marker script firing on a few of the Hunters... specifically the lack of a marker.

3) The internal mortar script... "mortarman" doesnt seem to have... um.... access to mortars.

Thanks Jester...

Is there a more appropriate thread to discuss some of the inner workings of the mission, specifically...

1) Pilot check never works.

2) The marker script firing on a few of the Hunters... specifically the lack of a marker.

3) The internal mortar script... "mortarman" doesnt seem to have... um.... access to mortars.

I would suggest humbly to use a later build than 2.65b, it still runs reasonably clean, however some of the code has been broken by recent ArmA updates, #1 for example. The result is some scripts get stuck in very tight loops trying to execute something that as of ArmA 1.18/1.20 will no longer execute. There are also is a performance bleed in that version as of ArmA 1.18. Some things that were being cleaned up as they should, are no longer being cleaned up due to some changes BIS made. This is not the fault of 2.65b it was a good solid build, but IMO it is deprecated.

#2 and #3 from my recollection were never fully implemented. #3 i believe was going to be applied to I&A Stratis in the beta.

If you want some assistance, jump on TS, I am more than happy to assist you so you can set your mission up how you would like it

Join a server in arma the mission files are downloaded and stored in the app data folder on c:

C:\Users\**YOURNAME**\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

copy the file from there and edit it as you like

Rats....

The thing I like about getting missions from the source is that they are fairly vanilla.  From the wild, they tend to have lots of scripts implemented that we are not necessarily interested in.

Got any suggested server(s)?

Rats....

The thing I like about getting missions from the source is that they are fairly vanilla.  From the wild, they tend to have lots of scripts implemented that we are not necessarily interested in.

Got any suggested server(s)?

you could start with ummmm.... ours? :P

filter "ahoy" and join eu 1 or eu 2. :) thats usually how people get a copy before re actually publicly release.