Arma 3 new update now some scripts not working???

Good morning guys :D

since the last update from arma 3 the Pilots only and restricted scripts not more working. ---> they get no kick only if they eject they see the message. 

I join now some other Server they have all the same Prob. :S

I say thanks for the answer  :3

(my english is not so good i know) ^.^

The version running on EU#1 at this time does not suffer the script bug you mention, that was fixed on AWs end several weeks ago.

To fix it yourself: (or tell other server admins who are hosting versions with broken pilot restriction):

1. Find the file "pilotCheck.sqf"

2. Open it.

3. Find both entries of: player action ["eject", _veh]; 

4. Change both entries to: player action ["getOut", _veh];

This is what my pilotCheck.sqf looks like and it still doesn't work.   I'm using 2.65b Altis.

/*
      ::: ::: :::             ::: :::             :::
     :+: :+:   :+:           :+:   :+:           :+:
    +:+ +:+     +:+         +:+     +:+         +:+
   +#+ +#+       +#+       +#+       +#+       +#+
  +#+ +#+         +#+     +#+         +#+     +#+
 #+# #+#           #+#   #+#           #+#   #+#
### ###             ### ###             ### ###

| AHOY WORLD |

PilotCheck.sqf was created by Kamaradski [AW]
You may alter, use or change this code as you wish as long as you keep the original authors name in it.

*/

kARRdisallowed = ["B_Heli_Transport_01_F","I_Heli_Transport_02_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Light_01_F"];

while {true} do {
waitUntil {sleep 0.5; alive player}; // wait till player is alive
if (typeOf player != "B_Helipilot_F") then { // if player is type of pilot
private "_v"; // set _v for this client only (private)
while {alive player} do { // as long as player is alive
waitUntil {sleep 0.5; vehicle player != player}; // wait till player enters a vehicle
kSTRvehname = typeOf vehicle player; // Get vehicle classname of current vehicle
_v = vehicle player; // SET _v as the vehicle the player is in
if ( kSTRvehname in kARRdisallowed ) then { // if the vehicle is in the dis-allowed list
if (driver _v == player) then { // if player is driver of that vehicle
player action ["eject", _v]; // eject player
waitUntil {sleep 0.5; vehicle player == player}; // wait till player is booted out of the vehicle
player action ["engineOff", _v]; // turn off the engine of the vehicle
hint "You must be a pilot to fly!"; // message on screen
};
};
};
} else { // if player is not pilot
waitUntil {sleep 0.5; !alive player}; // Wait till player is alive
};
};

1IDhXMm.png

The report button is to report topics with questionable content so as they can be looked at by admins in a timely fashion. Not to report that your server isn't working. 

For example one might report this post for being excessively troll like.

Note: don't report for excess trolling I was demonstrating an example. 

The report button is to report topics with questionable content so as they can be looked at by admins in a timely fashion. Not to report that your server isn't working. 

For example one might report this post for being excessively troll like.

Note: don't report for excess trolling I was demonstrating an example. 

Ya sorry, I thought I hit reply and then I noticed it didn't show here... my bad.

This line doesn't work any more, see the post above your last post for the fix, I''m not sure how you missed it but there's the fix

...omg.... I posted the wrong one......it's one of those weeks...

OK.....now that I have facepalmed a couple of times and let this week catch up to me.... sorry again guys......     Is there a way to prevent people bypassing the pilot slot by jumping in as co-pilot and then taking controls?

Hey no problem, we've all been there.

There is a couple of ways, one scripted definite way and the other is more of an ethical fix. Your pilots should be in the pilot seat of their aircraft correct? so they can lock the controls or unlock at their will, however if your pilots are (for some reason) doing something they shouldn't be, another player will happily highlight this for you and take his helicopter away from the undeserving pilot.

As for the scripting way, it would be similar to the aforementioned however with a difference (i can't remember off the bat what it would say) here:

I would say the ethical solution fares better though! :) 

Hey no problem, we've all been there.

There is a couple of ways, one scripted definite way and the other is more of an ethical fix. Your pilots should be in the pilot seat of their aircraft correct? so they can lock the controls or unlock at their will, however if your pilots are (for some reason) doing something they shouldn't be, another player will happily highlight this for you and take his helicopter away from the undeserving pilot.

As for the scripting way, it would be similar to the aforementioned however with a difference (i can't remember off the bat what it would say) here:

I would say the ethical solution fares better though! :)

The problem lies when a helo goes down and people are spawn camping the helos and jump in them before the pilot gets into the helicopter..  Perhaps not allowing the 'take controls' unless you are a pilot. ...  unfortunately I have never scripted for Arma... where could you point me to look into this further?