First custom PC build.

AppleSapje

Formatting's a bit weird there, smith.

Looks like a nice build, though personally i would have a larger HDD and a full tower for that extra space. Not to mention two sticks of eight. Helps with future upgrades.

Nice probably go for a bigger case the 770 might be a bit cramped length wise in it, also what cooling you going for? Might get a bit too hot to extract all the bad air in the small space if using air cooling. And perhaps an ssd or 3 over the hdd if using it for gaming. Especially for Armadale or minimum 60gb one for Windows install

Formatting's a bit weird there, smith.

Looks like a nice build, though personally i would have a larger HDD and a full tower for that extra space. Not to mention two sticks of eight. Helps with future upgrades.

It's really easy to trow an extra hard drive in here. Im thinking of using this one and upgrade to SSD eventually when the 1tb versions of come a bit more affordable (university is quite expensive). The same goes for the RAM.

I would say overall a good build, but the mobo may be a bit overkill, most boards in the price range of 100-150 will do fine with the rest of the hardware.

as Cain mentioned, 2 sticks of 8gb would be good. I doubt you will ever really need more than 16gb if you're not running a server.

and dingo mentioned the length of the card, that is important. the airflow will be fine though, I used that case to build my dads pc and it has a lot of fan mounting points.

If you dont have the money for a SSD, you can wait either way. its not really needed anyway. (that being said, once you have one, you will never go without)

the WD black is a really nice drive, but if you need storage space, I would go with (some) 4tb WB red drive(s)

I'll say the same as everyone else.

Cheaper mobo- unless there's a reason you're going for this on

RAM- you'll still have the option for going up to 16gb if you start video editing or anything that's ram heavy

HDD- 1TB is fairly small these days so maybe save a few extra pennies to go up to 2TB+

SSD - the easiest thing you can do to dramatically improve performance so yeah go for a 60-120GB SSD, as you said you'll always have the option to add a bigger SSD the smaller one can still be used for some stuff it won't be redundant.

Case- You don't need the full tower so you may aswell stay with something a bit more compact.

DVD writer- ask yourself do you really need one how often do you use one? have a look on ebay for an external usb powered one if you think you might need one now and again.

Also buy from the one shop/supplier you'll save on delivery and hassle