More daylight on server

Slurk

First of all i play on AhoyWorlds servers alot since i noticed they are among the best out there.

But it seems that 8/10 times when i get on the server it´s night. I like it much more when it´s daylight.

The strange thing is that 7 am to 7 pm in game seems to go by in like 15 irl minutes where as 9 pm to 2 pm takes 3 irl hours.

I request more daylight on the Arma 3 I&A servers!

That simply isn't true, whilst I can't quite remember what we've set the timespeed at, the day and night cycles should be exactly or very close to the same. The majority of the time the server is in daytime because many people like yourself dislike playing at night, so we usually restart the servers at 0500 to give the maximum amount of daylight before it goes into night.

As such we're almost certainly sticking with the current system, because previously we felt that having it almost perpetually daytime (with the normal time speed) just made the game seem monotonous and boring. Introducing the night aspect leads into some interesting developments. If you don't like fighting in the dark, bring a 3GL and Flares. You'd be surprised how much they light up a battlefield at night.

Hi there, I put fast time in because of the opposite cry from the public, the majority wanted more night and so ensuring that it was mid summer i roughly guess there is 2/3 day and 1/3 night.

The time goes by around 5 minutes for every 1 minute = 6 minutes go by per minute (perhaps my maths is going to fall down here but ill demonstrate, this will be very embarrassing if i get this wrong

24 * 60 = 1440 (minutes per real day)

1440 / 6 = 240 (minutes per game day)convert that back into hours240/60 = 4 real hours per game dayCorrect me if I'm wrong, furthermore:22nd of July (date used in game currently) approximately in Greece, Athenssunrise: 0621sunset: 204414 hours 23 minutes of daylight and 9 hours 37 minutes of night(14*60)+23 = 863 minutes of real daylight863 / 6 = 143.83333 minutes of game daylight2.39722 real hours of game daylightso finally! 

4 - 2.397222 = 1.60278 of night

[approximately]

2.4 real hours of game daylight

1.6 real hours of game night.

tadaaa! :)

I think that that's quite a nice contrast between the two. if you however asked me to slow down sunsets/sunrises It's possible but it would throw off the feel of it. having a sunrise lasting as long as half a day would be weird. Making more time changes per minute is a bad idea so i think this is what we should be comfortable with

Hi there, I put fast time in because of the opposite cry from the public, the majority wanted more night and so ensuring that it was mid summer i roughly guess there is 2/3 day and 1/3 night.

The time goes by around 5 minutes for every 1 minute = 6 minutes go by per minute (perhaps my maths is going to fall down here but ill demonstrate, this will be very embarrassing if i get this wrong

1440 / 6 = 240 (minutes per game day)convert that back into hours240/60 = 4 real hours per game dayCorrect me if I'm wrong, furthermore:22nd of July (date used in game currently) approximately in Greece, Athenssunrise: 0621sunset: 204414 hours 23 minutes of daylight and 9 hours 37 minutes of night(14*60)+23 = 863 minutes of real daylight863 / 6 = 143.83333 minutes of game daylight2.39722 real hours of game daylightso finally! 

[approximately]

I think that that's quite a nice contrast between the two. if you however asked me to slow down sunsets/sunrises It's possible but it would throw off the feel of it. having a sunrise lasting as long as half a day would be weird. Making more time changes per minute is a bad idea so i think this is what we should be comfortable with

Thank you for your explanation that´s what i was looking for. At which irl time do you usually restart the server?

I still want to have more daylight and if there were more people like me that would step up maybe we could see some more daylight.

Restarts are only ever done if they are needed, there is no set schedule that we stick to.

Quite how we would set the night to be shorter I don't know, maybe when it reaches 2200 it skips to 0300 or something, not quite sure if that's possible or not though.

[approximately]

This is news to me, because truth be told I thought we were on 8 hour = 1 day, per something Elcour told me. Ill be sure to stop incorrectly explaining that in side chat.