Vietnam map

DanVonTrap

Question

6 answers to this question

This will never happen on any Ahoy World public server. To be honest, due to having to download A3MP which is about 6+GB and then this map as well, I doubt it would ever happen on a private game night either.

As much as I would love to play some custom maps, it will never happen publicly and is unlikely (not impossible) to happen for a game night. 

This will never happen on any Ahoy World public server. To be honest, due to having to download A3MP which is about 6+GB and then this map as well, I doubt it would ever happen on a private game night either.

As much as I would love to play some custom maps, it will never happen publicly and is unlikely (not impossible) to happen for a game night. 

12gb to be exact.

Danny is spot on, our servers would go dry in a heartbeat if we forced all users to download a 250mb map to play. I'm not saying it's a bad idea and when we grow big enough to where we may be able to justify having a public server with mods in conjunction and our current setup it's certainly up for debate. I'm not saying this is in the works btw, just that if it ever does happen, we'd consider it.

12gb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sheep will have grandkids before he's even half way through that download 

f**k it i'll burn him a dvd and send it to him it'll be faster oh wait it'll be 2 dvds

Can we make a sticky at the top of this forum with the title "got a mod you'd like to see on ahoyworld servers post here!" then we can have our boilerplate response of: prerequisite to download then no! not gonna happen never !

don't wanna sound mean but ask yourself how did you find us? yeah we were an open server that allowed you in had a great community that holds inclusivity as one of it's most important tenents. look at the server list on arma see all those red circles? we're not one of those

I have 150Mb Fibre and it has taken myself approx. 15 mins to download all the maps, MY GOD!!, how long for someone with 2-6Mb Broadband?
I would love to play the map pack on a game-night, but imagine the problems for all?

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few!"