Skullywag

Just thought id stop by after a session on EU1 to say that this new version is a bloody good improvement over past versions...thankyou to all who worked on it, enemy sniper teams are actually snipers now and need to be prioritised and treated as major threats (bravo experienced a squad wipe due to not being able to spot the sneaky bugger), which I love. The EI seems to react better to being shot and dont just stand there, the new side missions are a nice change of pace and means that squads that are playing as squads have a chance to do an engagement on their terms and have less chance of it being ruined by a lonewolf. And finally whatever optimizations you did have worked as my frames have improved slightly which is always nice.

I do however have one complaint......

you promised me chairs......:P

I never even considered upstairs, I stand corrected. Also wanted to add something I forgot last night. The new revive is really nice as is the squad manager, is this a custom squad manager or a mod freely available?

the squad management system will have to be changed again. that can't stay for legal reasons

:(

This one was a good mix of the 2 that came previously but also had its flaws, the main one being that even if i had a squad setup and locked it someone could still join if they pick a squad position from the class select screen in my "squad". Still waiting for that perfect squad manager, Xenos was the closest so far just needed a better UI tbh,

I never even considered upstairs, I stand corrected. Also wanted to add something I forgot last night. The new revive is really nice as is the squad manager, is this a custom squad manager or a mod freely available?

Neither the revive or squad manager are new to AW I&A.

Arguably more popular, but as Raz said the author of the Squad Manager has allegedly said he doesn't want others to use it. That has to be respected.

I'll see if I can contact Xeno and ask him nicely ;)

Neither the revive or squad manager are new to AW I&A.

Arguably more popular, but as Raz said the author of the Squad Manager has allegedly said he doesn't want others to use it. That has to be respected.

I'll see if I can contact Xeno and ask him nicely ;)

err i never said the type of mods were new but these individual mods are. BTC was removed due to major bugs/flaws, This isnt BTC revive in this version its R3F or a derivative, hence me using "new revive script".

Also there is no allegedly about it, he has told people to not use it and yes as much as I agree his wish should be respected, im a firm believer in open source especially in terms of game modding so I dont agree with his choice in the slightest. But this is getting off topic now just wanted to make my point.

Except that 2.71 is unplayable due to constant server stalling. Not sure if it has anything to do with the current version.

This is a serious issue that has arisen since the recent ArmA update.

BI has already attempted a fix:

http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00020

Server operators have to update their server with that hotfix for it to take effect.

I can confirm it DOES fix the MP crash issue.

edit: issue seems to be successfully resolved on EU #1

Damn I wish I could play this right now, sounds awesome. And those chairs...

How's the noise in base now? Are the helipads still moved back a little?

A sniper team wiped you out huh Skully... I think you may have benefited from a certain member of Bravo's skills in that situation ! Back in just over a week fella ;)

PLEASE is making mohawk with tank going faster !

is lifting difficult with slow tank sow than drive at AO for 70KM/H

is promise sacrifice of first born son for go faster stripes on mohawk ! .... maybe only up to 150 KM/H

Is more bad than play Farm Sim 2014 in Mohawk now,  slow like Combine Harvester!!!

PLIZZ ! .. is on knees begging for life here ! .. PLIZZ !!!!!1!!ELEVEN!

Damn I wish I could play this right now, sounds awesome. And those chairs...

How's the noise in base now? Are the helipads still moved back a little?

A sniper team wiped you out huh Skully... I think you may have benefited from a certain member of Bravo's skills in that situation ! Back in just over a week fella ;)

Heli pads are still pretty close unfortunately.

Snipers are a major threat in this version 1 round near you can wipe out most of your squad if spaced badly. A new spacing technique has been proving successful in bravo. It involves me shouting "get the **** away from me!...I dont wanna die."

I find the age old move tactic of not standing still (or moving side to side) baffles most of the AI snipers.

The problem is the second I do stop to try and find the sneaky gits - BOOM - Repawn (I'd say revive but asking someone to come over to where you just got sniped isn't a good thing to do).

One option, an airborne counter sniper platform one or 2 snipers on a Loach / Hawk hover high above / outside the AO and pick them off at distance,

no no wait you can't fire from on / inside a vehicle

damn you BI damn you all to hell!!!!!

:(

Or

rain hot mortar on them

Or

Virgin sacrifice have a grunt or 2 streak the AO then when they get fired on open up on the point of origin :D