AW Invade & Annex EU2 server

Ducky

EU2 "Mod+Hardcore" or "Vanilla"  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should EU2 server be converted in to Mod+Hardcore Server?

Hello my comrades :)

I would like to ask Ahoy Community about EU2 server.

If it should be converted in to the Mod+Hardcore AW Invade & Annex mission :)

If Your choice is YES. Please say what mods you want to run.

If You choice is NO. Please state your reason/s why.

Ducky Out  :ph34r:

Cya on battlefield :)

Yes, would like this

Will fill more mods later when back on PC

a few definates for now

NATO & Russian weapons

Raven UAV

CAF Agressors

CAF (Canadian armed forces)

C-130J

Ivory Aircraft?

HMMVV port

US Helos port

A3 Lifter

And wishfull thinking move I&A to Sangin , Sahrani or Charnarus ;)

I second this idea, the current Server 2 -As far as i know- never gets used.

This idea has been thrown around a few times by us in Bravo Squad in server 1, on the most i think it is a brilliant idea and would make playing with other people who want to play the same way as your a lot more enjoyable.(than having some 7 Y.o Kid ruining your fun)

I dont mind what mods we put on as long as they aid gameplay in a positive way.

I mentioned this in Mack's post about the Raven UAV 

probably a rolling schedule every month or second month change out the less used mods for newer stuff as they get released 

one stipulation, all the mods must be signed so that we are covered by the battleeye saftey bananna umbrella so less chance of griefers spoiling any fun 

I think it's the only way to go as I can't see BIS releasing much more content even after WIN, maybe one or 2 small dlc, so community mods will make the game much better, there are so many in the WIP stages that are looking really good that it'll be a shame & wastefull not to implement a server that runs them 

I personally tested some of the mods :)

RH M4/M16

RH Pistol Pack v1.1

Both looks very good and have a lot of weapons :)

JS_JC_FA18

JS_JC_SU35

Very nicely modeled and have good features :)

Imported ARMA 2 stuff

HMMVV looks good

US Helos one of the helis is too light: you can do a barrel rolls with it. I don't remember it name :(

C-130J Both Transport and Cargo are both looks good and you can walk inside but they have a

little problem with a Gear Up/Down option in ARMA 3 maps: sometime a pilot will not get that option.

RAV_Lifter_A3

Modules looks pretty cool. You can see a ropes been attached a cargo and some of the vehicles.

When a cargo is released near the ground you see ropes on the ground.

However, it need to be modified to allow lift heavy vehicles (Tanks, APCs, etc) to be lifted.

While it's a decent idea I'd have to give a no vote [Maybe in a few months/years tho?]. Reasons being:

1. I & A 2/3 should definitely come first
  2. While full release [A3]; still buggy as all hell
  3. Honestly? - I think the mods atm for ArmA 3 suck. I personally really haven't seen anything that I would actually take the time and data to d/l to make it a better experience other than VBT Wep Rest [This will lead to people not being to access another server at this stage, i.e: Pissed off peeps, hurr durr] 
  4. If you wanna keep on attracting more players that server is your child during peak hours and should be loved and tended to as so.

I personally believe the mods and all that stuff are secondary to having a place where "like minded" players can get together to play even the current I&A version. At the moment server 1 is ruined by everytime a squad gets together any planning you do is pointless as someone comes with you or halos in and breaks the first rule of BRAVO, Big Rockets At Vehicles Only, launching their rpgs into squads of EI and alerting everyone to our presence and therefore turning the engagement into a duck shoot.

So im no too bothered on the mods front, id prefer (for now) to keep the current ones and maybe add some others that are proven to be of a certain quality. I dont just want ALL the guns off the bat only to find half of them not used/needed. Quality over quantity and all that.

So the idea as Antony stated has been batted around in BRAVO and even put to some of the admins already who seemed to me to believe it a good idea. So i vote yes to the usage of server 2 in a better way but not necessarily in the way proposed in this thread.....so yes....maybe...

I know I'm a relatively new member to this community but I would really like to see EU2 turn into a hardcore AW with different mods. I don't have many good suggestions for mods as I haven't tried that many and the ones I do are probably to big. I love the SFP (swedish forces pack) mod but I suppose it wont be popular with anyone that isn't from Sweden. Perhaps something thats specific for swedish military could be added from that mod instead of all of it?

I love the costumes and weapons from it, also there are some very cool and well modelled vehicles.

Just to add to this, yesterday in between EU1 going up and down like a hookers knickers, the mission got loaded in Elite for a while before it dropped again, I noticed that the majority of people nearly a full server of 40 both regular and random puppies were very keen to keep it elite even after restart, there were some "hey I can't go 3rd" comments but once people were told that it was elite most were fine with it, might be worth throwing eu2 up on elite / vet just to gage interest in having a separate more focused server? Then look down the mod route later after we get full release of Win et...?

Just to add to this, yesterday in between EU1 going up and down like a hookers knickers, the mission got loaded in Elite for a while before it dropped again, I noticed that the majority of people nearly a full server of 40 both regular and random puppies were very keen to keep it elite even after restart, there were some "hey I can't go 3rd" comments but once people were told that it was elite most were fine with it, might be worth throwing eu2 up on elite / vet just to gage interest in having a separate more focused server? Then look down the mod route later after we get full release of Win et...?

I think this could be a good idea

Might be nice to have a server that is faction specific. I don't know how many times I've nearly shot a friendly wearing an enemy helmet.

In other words you can only use weapons/uniforms from your faction unless you pick up a weapon from the field.

With the Mohawk being the typical workhorse chopper this would probably mean being independent, but they have vehicles to fill all roles.

Of course this would also make it less Invade and Annex and more Reclaim and Annex.

I also like the idea of a hardcore server.

• 1 month later...

Only just seen this thread, who knew this existed eh?

I'd like to see this implemented, however I would still like to keep EU #2 identical as EU #1 so it isn't only 1 server as it's quite often full and maybe put the modserver on EU #3 with gamenights taking it over when they are scheduled or have them on EU #4.

• 1 year later...
You Should Add the:

British Armed Forces All In one Mod,

F/A 18 SuperHornet,

Combat Space Enhancement,

VTN

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

MGI tactical glasses

F/A-18X BlackWasp

We already use some of this on EU#3 server, our modded server, this thread is a bit old.

More info HERE