Assigning applications to use specific sound output.

David

Yes, it's a long title, I know.

What I'm looking to do for streaming purposes is to have game audio & teamspeak run directly to the stream but NOT outside applications such as Chrome for youtube videos etc. After that is accomplished I am looking for all sounds to then run out through my headset/speakers. I have Virtual Audio Cable but I can't fathom how to use it and it doesn't seem to be running right. It doesn't help that some games & chrome don't let me specify an audio output.

Quick diagram to illustrate my predicament:

tZ9OOR.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, David

You could use a virtual audio cable set up like this. But that's a lot of work to set up, and you cannot save you settings so you have to do it each time.

Or use OBS (open broadcasting software), its free, has loads of options including options for PTT on multiple keys. there are also lots of videos on how to set it up.

Now I understand that you wanna to play the stream audio to you speakers (this usually drives people crazy since you hear everything twice). The VAC set up already does this, OBS does not, and I don't know how to set it up with that.

Hopefully this info is of some use to you.

Below video is most helpful I find his diagram explains it well, Vac is bloody confusing but once you play about and get it set up there are millions of combinations and quick to repeat once you have it downpatt

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DS61L9D4Gb84&cd=5&ved=0CD8QtwIwBA&usg=AFQjCNFizIwrCUvHm7txxHEX_WVg5v6ZJQ

I'm not at my pc so can't check but I think for what you want to do you'll have to set your default playback in windows to one of the Vac lines then set repeaters from that to your actual speakers / game / stream / ts and then separate back from each to speajers,

Eg if your game allows set a repeater from it to a second virtual cable then tell the stream that's the input same use the same cable and set TS to use it as mic

I think you may have misunderstood, I don't want to hear it twice and I'm not entirely sure how you got that idea.since there's only 1 line linking game & teamspeak sound to my speakers.

I'm getting an error on the youtube link at the moment dingo. :(

Infact, I just cracked it with a program called IndieVolume which lets me change sound output for any running processes. Setup the stuff I do & don't want to be heard on the stream on 2 separate lines, pull from the line I do want and then merge them both onto a completely separate line bound for my speakers.

17hpOE.png

Probably could have worded my answer better but was going same direction as what you've done :) , was trying to recall from memory and type at same time without the programs in front of me,

Does that program let you save the set up might use it if it does, it's the one thing missing from VAC that annoys me most having to redo each time I boot up.

Probably could have worded my answer better but was going same direction as what you've done :) , was trying to recall from memory and type at same time without the programs in front of me,

Does that program let you save the set up might use it if it does, it's the one thing missing from VAC that annoys me most having to redo each time I boot up.

No it doesn't, well, not that I know of anyway. It works here on paper, but in reality I'm not sure if it's working.