ArmA 3 - TacBF Modifications

Jum-Jum

Question

Hi everyone,

Was told to post a mod suggestion here on the forums instead of in the in-game chat.

http://www.tacticalbattlefield.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=573

It has a lot of cool stuff but the one thing that stuck out to me is how you make squads. 

http://i.imgur.com/HolhDR3.png

It's a very simple interface. Now people could make small sniper squads, air transport squads, mortar squads, VOIP only squads etc. There are other cool things like the medical system. Works almost like in ACE mod in ArmA2. And the suppression effect is actually more cool than annoying, but those are just matter of taste. I think the important one here is the squad mod they made.

Just a suggestion! :)

3 answers to this question

Glad to see you came here and posted Jum!

This mod does look awesome, I have to say, however it seems like it's a bit too complex to incorporate into our public servers! Also, I get the impression it is focussed on player vs player. Invade and Annex is what people come to Ahoy World for and that will always be player vs AI as far as I am aware.

Additionally, we are unable to implement mods which add physical items into the game as it would force people to require them before they could enter the server.

I appreciate you coming here and sharing the mod with us though! :D

Yup! That was my first and this is my second and probably last. :D

Yes it is PvP oriented. But another server managed to strip a few of it's content and add it to their Invade & Annex server. Not that it matters now tho since you don't want any clientsided mods! Have you ever considered having one server with mods? Or do you want more 'clean' servers? I'm just asking because the future will hold some very nice mods like ACE and loads of content from ArmA 1 and 2 soon.

Occasionally we do game nights with mods like ACRE so it is possible that some elements of the TacBF mod could be used there but I can't see much of it being incorporated into the public servers, of course that would be up to the Core Staff and I&A Developers though!

In regards to ACE mod, a lot of us here at Ahoy World, myself included, are super excited for that!