razgriz33

-->Submit your questions here!<--

The minefield has its own razor-wire fence around it, big enough to flip tanks and cripple hunters. In addition, the RT marker still will say "Radiotower (Minefield)". Other than that, no markings. RT will be marked similar to current side missions, only smaller radius than those markers.

It is actually my intention to make the explosion smaller, so as not to bring down buildings. Just haven't had time to tweak it so.

re timers. the ones broadcasted to all players actually lag the server in a permanent way. an example is the AO defend timer. It is better just to have a 'Crossroads' message to announce certain things, as it is distributed via public variable, instead of bis_fnc_mp. ill see about putting a crossroads message on the destroy missions when C4 is planted ... but that is a low priority task at the moment.

the Tempest is a truck not a FOB. FOBs are small NATO-built fortifications with a small selection of weapons/ammo (no VAS) and light vehicles and some logistics (repair and med bay).

Going forward (not next week), OPFOR will try to control these FOBs, and periodically attack/fortify/defend them against BLUFOR.

There is transportation TO them, but not FROM. You will require helicopters/vehicles to get from, and FOBs may still be 3-5km from an AO, as they are not mobile. The goal is to make vehicle/ground play more inviting, while ensuring helicopters remain as useful as they are.

full Zeus GM abilities is a nightmare for admins to manage, as a bad/naughty GM can drain server pop rapidly.

What I had in mind was stripping the abilities down to only being able to push a couple squads around within the AO.

in any case, if (and its still an if) I manage to get it working to my liking, ill leave easy instructions for how to completely remove it safely from the mission.

What I meant by this is that recently, the Tempest truck (currently set up to be a mobile VAB) has been used as a pseudo-FOB. Players drive/transport it out to the AO, park it in a secure location within striking distance to the AO, and use it to set up a safe staging/landing area protected by static and automated weapon emplacements. This has been relatively enjoyable playstyle over the last couple weeks and provides the infantry a good repair/re-arm point without having to head back to base. Nice to see the idea of FOBs being implemented in a less improvisational way.

Work on the new side mission is just about complete, and after a closed testing session, the guys wanted to keep playing it over and over till 3AM. It felt less like a beta test and more like an Op night.

At this point, now all that need be done is create 2 variations, each with their own characteristics and win/loss conditions. The foundation and structure is now there, so it won't take long at all.

-----

Going to fine tune the new Priority Target tomorrow, along with tweaking the new AO/sm/pt spawn logic ready for release.

I won't have time to implement FOBs how I'd like, for this upcoming version. They will be integrated, but likely not full attack/defend mission integration. The side mission structure took longer than expected to build to my standard, so work on the FOBs and some low priority stuff got pushed off the back end of the schedule. Among these were the unmarked AO hardpoints and enemy JTAC integration. They'll have to wait till the following update.

What will be integrated this update, however, is the ability to fail every side mission, and perhaps even the main AO defend mission (dont worry the AO wont repeat!). Going away are the days of simple 'go here and blow something up' missions. In the future, destroying stuff will be penalized with mission failures, while acquisition of ____ will be the way to succeed.

Off the cuff here, I think the VAS ammo box is handy but detracts from the ability to offer rewards in missions. A mission reward could be a box full of titan rocket ammo, but instead it's in the VAS box so no point. If I had my way, only the simplest gear/ammo would be in there, and all the good stuff would have to be earned/acquired in raids and convoy hits. If there is support for a move in this direction, could spend some time coding to that end.

Off the cuff here, I think the VAS ammo box is handy but detracts from the ability to offer rewards in missions. A mission reward could be a box full of titan rocket ammo, but instead it's in the VAS box so no point. If I had my way, only the simplest gear/ammo would be in there, and all the good stuff would have to be earned/acquired in raids and convoy hits. If there is support for a move in this direction, could spend some time coding to that end.

Well I think our current incarnation is at the very least better than our last "mobile ammo box" concept which was a crate dropped out of the back of the Mohawk. Not only was that air-capable, but was limited only by cooldown meaning there could be several of them scattered about the map. As it stands, the VAB Tempest is airliftable but there's only one of them at a time. I have noticed though, is that right now we have two: A Tempest Covered, and a HEMTT Ammo. Between the two the Tempest could be considered more overpowered/overpurposed because it is both VAB AND transport. I suggest removing it from the Tempest (and consequently removing the Tempest from BLUFOR use in general, we have HEMTTs for that) and just keeping the HEMTT Ammo as our only mobile ammo box.

If I subscribe to Ahoy+ do the developers get any of the money or does it go entirely to running the servers?

Our Undying Love
It costs a lot to run Ahoy World, from dedicated servers and web hosting to time spent coding and perfecting our integrated site. By subscribing to Ahoy+ you help keep Ahoy World alive, now and in the future.

I'm completely happy with money going to the devs as they more than deserve it for keeping the developing going ( + someone has to pay to feed them :P) - I just wondered if you had any idea what the split was?

Well I think our current incarnation is at the very least better than our last "mobile ammo box" concept which was a crate dropped out of the back of the Mohawk. Not only was that air-capable, but was limited only by cooldown meaning there could be several of them scattered about the map. As it stands, the VAB Tempest is airliftable but there's only one of them at a time. I have noticed though, is that right now we have two: A Tempest Covered, and a HEMTT Ammo. Between the two the Tempest could be considered more overpowered/overpurposed because it is both VAB AND transport. I suggest removing it from the Tempest (and consequently removing the Tempest from BLUFOR use in general, we have HEMTTs for that) and just keeping the HEMTT Ammo as our only mobile ammo box.

In the version I am working on, there is still an ammo box that can be deployed from the UH-80 ghosthawk. Jester [AW] coded that awhile ago.

I just went through and tweaked it abit. You're right, the ammo crates spawned, sat there for use, but did not despawn. I just corrected that, and also trialing a fix for the 'killer supply drop' syndrome where it could kill if you got too close. It will now de-spawn when the next ammo crate is ready, about 8-10 minutes.

There was/is a JIP issue affecting the timer, and it wasn't communicating properly with the players on the server. There were messages being sent, but they were only being sent on the server, no JIP players received it. That has been fixed, so all players on the server will know when its being dropped and ready for use.

I've fixed those things, but the timer issue will require some more testing.

Should the dropped ammo crate have its own map marker? Or should it be done away with altogether?

It's not on AW server bc afaik there is no UH-80 at base.

Hi,

First of all thanks for a great mission. I'v spent houndred of hours playing Invade & Annex with my friends.

I just got an Arma 3 server for me and my friends and ofcause we would like to run Invade & Annex on it. MDCCLXXVI is earlier in this thread mentioning an updated version 2.75, however I'm not able to find it, I did find this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175885-MP-Invade-amp-Annex-COOP on BI forums but there is unfortunately no download link. My question is were can I download the latest version or is it OK if I use the saved mission .pbo file from my computer and set up a server with that file.

Many thanks,

mOOnster / Daniel

Hi,

First of all thanks for a great mission. I'v spent houndred of hours playing Invade & Annex with my friends.

I just got an Arma 3 server for me and my friends and ofcause we would like to run Invade & Annex on it. MDCCLXXVI is earlier in this thread mentioning an updated version 2.75, however I'm not able to find it, I did find this thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175885-MP-Invade-amp-Annex-COOP on BI forums but there is unfortunately no download link. My question is were can I download the latest version or is it OK if I use the saved mission .pbo file from my computer and set up a server with that file.

Many thanks,

mOOnster / Daniel

2.75 is done and live on my server at the moment. I didn't want it distributed until its been run for a few days to see if any errors appear while its flogged in a populated server. Going to send a copy to Raz asap, and update that thread in a few days once I'm confident there aren't any serious issues (there aren't, but i like to be certain).

Hi,

Many thanks,

mOOnster / Daniel

that thread has now been updated.

Rumor has it that a freshly updated version of BTC revive was thrown in somewhere in the 2.73x series, and it seems like its running on the default (as released by author) config file. Things like free death cam, select-able spawn points, and respawning on your squad leader, have crept their way back in to 2.73C. Can this be looked in to? Was it intentionally done or simply an oversight?

hi

i want ask about mods, why i can't use mods for let say for weapons and gears?

i use usmc and nato weapons, i don't think thats change the way we play it

oh and is there us server available? or only eu server

hi

i want ask about mods, why i can't use mods for let say for weapons and gears?

i use usmc and nato weapons, i don't think thats change the way we play it

oh and is there us server available? or only eu server

You can't use mods because if we implement them then all players will need to download it to join. HTH

Still chipping away at next version.

It's almost done, though I've said that too many times. I was going to push out a dev build of it to my server on monday for open MP testing, but decided to hold back until its closer to being ready.

Spent the better part of yesterdays coding time squaring away the urban mission set. EOS script was pulled out of the mission, and it had been taking care of the urban missions and defend AO content. Did a first pass at the urban mission re-dress a couple weeks ago but it required another pass to make it release-ready. The main issue was cleaning up the enemies after mission was completed. The method of spawning for the urban mission required a different method of deleting than other missions, and it took some time to realize that and overcome the obstacle. 

Finally got around to fixing the helicopter Ammo Drop code. It will now work consistently and broadcast its availability.

It works great, I just have to test to make sure the cleanup code for the ammo drop is fine. The tricky bit with it is that the crate is created on the players machine who spawns the ammo drop,  and if there is a simple timer before it's deleted, that can be interrupted if the player dies. Taking care of that isn't a big deal, but it has to be done before I'm satisfied enough to tick the box as completed. 

Yesterday also finished building a fully functioning field hospital which integrates into the new Medical System. Today, tweaked the code to smooth out the animations. The functionality of it worked great first time around. It still requires some bashing in MP, and also a second look to make sure the doctor finds the right patient, especially when a third-party player is involved. 

ie. your buddy goes down in combat.

you get him back to the field hospital.

he is unconscious so he cannot action the doctor. 

the buddy has to action the doctor, and the doctor has to know which person is the patient and which one doesn't require care.

That issue has already been approached and a first-pass solution coded in, but I suspect it will require a more thorough job done.

Also today finished another logistics mission reward. If players complete the task, land vehicle side-mission rewards will spawn much closer to the AO. Air vehicle rewards will still spawn at the normal place.

Still to do:

Some more MP testing of Medical System. A lot of work has been put into it, just a couple inconsistencies remaining to iron out. Could be 10 minutes or 5 hours of work required. The solution will be a one-liner, just have to find the one-line to fix :)

Testing of mission structure. There is quite a bit of new mission content including structural content, so this takes quite a bit of time to make sure it all works smoothly and how its supposed to, and ensure that it not only works, but that it is also fun!

Taking a second look at the sling script. It is quite dated and full of instabilities now. If I can't sort it out with an hour or two of poking, it will be removed from the mission and only put back in when/if it is fully functional. I am quietly optimistic here, as I've seen it working fine in the past, and remember when I 'fixed' something in the code, that is when it became unstable.

Since there is an element of sector control and attack/defend in it, I have to make sure that BLUFOR assets are removed when OPFOR takes over the players base, and when players take it back that the assets/functionality are also replaced, in a different manner than they are first earned. That aspect is not a big job, not much code, but quite fiddly as things have to work in the right order and also know when to be cancelled or overridden by a higher-level mission control structure.

Initial MP testing shows quite a large increase in performance too, as a result of the structural design changes. Instead of the mission telling the server CPU to do 60+ things simultaneously, it will now only tell the server CPU to do 5-8 things at a time unless players specifically request the server to perform a service. Much of the work in that direction was done last week. That was quite an intensive restructure but I think the payoff is worth it.

Things to expect re performance:

- 2-3x (or more) increase in mission endurance ... time between needed restarts will go up significantly, due to removal of some massive performance leaks and a much better understanding of cleanup code. (I did not discover the perf leak and not the one who paved the way with cleanup code, simply making use of the advancements).

- a few extra server FPS, meaning more accurate/smarter enemy. will have to reduce their accuracy.

- a few extra player FPS. If you are currently getting 23-26 FPS, will likely get 27-30 FPS. If you average 30fps, might get 35 avg after. That is what I am expecting.

Anyways, it'll be ready soon, though I can't put a day on it. Its at the 95% done state, but the last 5% are not the low-hanging fruit :)

can someone help me? i cant find server, i try filter ahoy ingame and remote direct ip server and it not working :(

Hey guys LOVE the mission thank you for all your hard work putting it together.

Many of the guys in my gaming group are fixed wing pilots. I wanted to add an additional squad with fixed wing pilots and have them spawn at the main terminal where I placed the aircraft. I'm kinda stumped and could use some help. 

I assume in the editor I can just copy and paste the vortex pilots group, change each unit from "Helicopter Pilot" to "Pilot" then in the squad leaders init just change

(group this) setGroupId ["VORTEX"];

to something like

(group this) setGroupId ["WING"];

My question then is how do I get this new group to spawn at a new location near the fixed wing aircraft like the Vortex pilots  spawn in the hangar near the choppers?

I assume I need to place a marker and reference it. Digging in the mission files I found a script called fn_respawnPilot.sqf and wonder if it has something to do with this file. I saw this code and figured it has something to do with it (sorry not that good at scripting at all). 

Description: Separate pilot respawn
*/

if (PARAMS_PilotRespawn == 0) exitWith {};

_pos = getMarkerPos "respawn_pilot";
_pilots = ["B_Pilot_F","B_Helipilot_F","B_helicrew_F","O_Pilot_F","O_Helipilot_F","O_helicrew_F","I_Pilot_F","I_Helipilot_F","I_helicrew_F"];
_iampilot = ({typeOf player == _x} count _pilots) > 0;
if (_iampilot) then {
player setDir 140;
player setPosATL [(((_pos select 0) + random 3) - random 6),(((_pos select 1) + random 3) - random 6),0];;
};

I  assume I would need to make a markers called something like respawn_wingpilots  but then what? Is there a way I can I add that as a second marker in fn_respawnPilot.sqf ? Or do I need to create a new script based on this fn_respawnPilot.sqf? If so what else do I need change to make this wing pilot spawn point work?

Thanks for your help, truly amazing work! 

if (PARAMS_PilotRespawn == 0) exitWith {};

_pos = getMarkerPos "respawn_pilot";

_pilots = ["B_Helipilot_F","B_helicrew_F","O_Helipilot_F","O_helicrew_F","I_Helipilot_F","I_helicrew_F"];

_iampilot = ({typeOf player == _x} count _pilots) > 0;

if (_iampilot) then {

player setDir 140;

player setPosATL [(((_pos select 0) + random 3) - random 6),(((_pos select 1) + random 3) - random 6),0];;

};

_pos2 = getMarkerPos "respawn_pilot_wing";

_pilots2 = ["B_Pilot_F","O_Pilot_F","I_Pilot_F"];

_iampilot2 = ({typeOf player == _x} count _pilots2) > 0;

if (_iampilot2) then {

player setDir 140;

player setPosATL [(((_pos2 select 0) + random 3) - random 6),(((_pos select 1) + random 3) - random 6),0];;

};

haven't tried that but it should work.

Hi all! This looks like an awesome community and mission (after watching Luetin on Youtube), but unfortunately I can't join serverplay since I live in Asia atm. Anyhow. Over here no servers with Invade & Annex exist, so I decided to try to set up my own server on a box I have running.

This is what I have done:

Set up a dedicated server according to the official instructions.

I added CO40.AW.Invade.Annex.3.Altis.pbo as well as co60_AW_Invade_Annex_2_82.Altis.pbo (for testing purposes) to mpmission folder in the server directory as pr the instructions on http://ia3.ahoyworld.co.uk/Introduction and on the forums.

Added these lines to the CONFIG_vanilla.cfg in hope that it would autolaunch the mission:

/*
  // MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
  class Missions
  {
          class AW_Invade_Annex_Altis
         {
              template="CO40.AW.Invade.Annex.3.Altis.pbo";
              difficulty="Regular";
          };
  };
*/

It doesn't launch the mission automatically. I can vote for it after joining the server, and then it launches. From what google told me I can't expect to change this until I get a management tool?

I get the following error when choosing the mission in "Create game" after connecting to my server from my client: "Picture images\loadingscreen.jpg not found
With CO40.AW.Invade.Annex.3.Altis.pbo I have only one role available when connecting, and that is Squad leader for the first group. When using co60_AW_Invade_Annex_2_82.Altis.pbo I see all the roles and can pick and choose.
I also have no pictures of any of the items/weapons when changing loadout from the "shop" guy/ammo crates after joining the game.
I tried adding the I-A-3-master folder to the server root folder on the server and on my client in hope it would solve the issue with the picture error when choosing the mission and the missing loadaout images, but to no avail.

I am not using any server management tools other than CONFIG_vanilla.cfg file yet.

Do anyone have any tips on what I should do to complete the setup? I have googled and read on the forum for quite a few hours, andI might have missed something, but I have run out of ideas.

Finally, terribly sorry if this post does not belong in this thread, but a link to a server setup tutorial in the questions thread would have been of great help for me, and i am sure to others trying to set up a server for the first time.

Hi guys,

I am new to I&A and our group is interested in hosting an own I&A server to have a continous training environment. We have a core of 8 players. 

Is it possible to have AI helicopter pilots for transfer purposes? Or is everything on players site performed by players? 

Thank you for your support

Ben

With such a small group, I would suggest you grab the stratis version. The distances are smaller and you can pretty much drive anywhere in a hunter in a reasonable time. So you don't have to rely on helicopters for transport as much as on Altis.

I would assume it would be possible but do you honestly want the ArmA AI flying for you? I can't begin to explain how many times pilots get shot down in our servers outside AO's. I don't think AI would do a better job but I may be wrong. I'd just recommend someone in your group fly.