Pilots heads up .....

Dingo

Just a quick heads up re base defences, I've  noticed this  few times now,

If you're a pilot and you have to destroy your chopper if it too damaged etc. or kill friendly vehicle / troops and you don't respawn

if you fly back into base you'll be shot down by base defence as it'll take you as being enemy

There is some function in general that is related to team-killing that causes the responsible player to "change sides" for the duration of that spawn. I dont fully understand why that happens, but it was something we uncovered while repeatedly TKing each other to test the new BTC Revive scripts. This probably needs to be researched..

Just a quick heads up re base defences, I've  noticed this  few times now,

If you're a pilot and you have to destroy your chopper if it too damaged etc. or kill friendly vehicle / troops and you don't respawn

if you fly back into base you'll be shot down by base defence as it'll take you as being enemy

I've removed them on my version for just this reason.

It causes issues with BLUFOR recognition and map markers.

Pilot makes a hard landing and injures a passenger at the AO, comes back to base and gets gunned down by the bots.

Even worse (imo) is that his name and BLUFOR tracker map marker disappear from the map. He is reclassified by the AI as just 'Man' with purple dot.

I'd like to put an empty AA vehicle at base that guys could jump into and use when needed .. But that just becomes a juicy tool for trolls.

The AI-controlled Cheetahs were a good idea but in practice it seems theres some issues with BLUFOR recognition.

• 4 weeks later...

Not just blu4, all the ai react the same if something shoots and injures them they or other ai close by will return fire, saw it happen a while back to the mi-48, it opened fire on one of our panthers in the ao there were ai in danger close that got killed and one on the Tigris turned and opened fire on it was funny to watch