I&A as Indipendent

Stuffedsheep

I&A as Indipendent faction?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to Play I&A as Indipendent faction?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would like the option (other server/ other mission)

Simple question, would you like to play I&A as the indipendent faction?

In my opinion it will be a nice change to blufor and with the new vehicles that will be released next Wednesday, it will be the most complete faction as well.

- we could also implement, if possible, a 50/50 chance to fight the either blufor or opfor ( good idea Hoax :)

- try out the indi vehicles (i think most people haven't used them a lot)

- add in more armored combat, the indi faction packs a bit more punch when it comes to vehicles.

So what do you guys think? leave your vote and we will find out.

I need some clarification here. Are you asking for a replacement of the BLUFOR player slots, roles, and equipment with those of the AAF side? Or are you asking to add an additional playable team into the mix for the people who feel like scalping some BLUFOR players while having to evade the CSAT AI as well?

I need some clarification here. Are you asking for a replacement of the BLUFOR player slots, roles, and equipment with those of the AAF side? Or are you asking to add an additional playable team into the mix for the people who feel like scalping some BLUFOR players while having to evade the CSAT AI as well?

Making an Independent version of the current I&A where the entire playable team (currently blufor) will be Independent. so no friendly blufor vehicles or uniforms.

weapons you can pick freely of course using vas.

I like the idea, but I think there are more important things to improve first so I voted no.

What I can come up with:

-Boat side missions are a nice addition but need a big update: have divers spawn under water at the wreck, instead of above it, so players can't just swim down and ignore the AI. More defence around the wreck is needed, either divers/boats/helicopters/underwater mines

-The defend phase of an AO needs to be looked upon. It doesn't really give the impression of a proper counterattack, instead it spawns enemies randomly at the edge. Maybe add enemy paradrops (instead of having Orca's land first), get enemy infantry and vehicles to spawn from a only certain direction but more concentrated, have them advance into the AO more aggressively. I'd prefer the need to kill all waves of reinforcements instead of a timer to clear the Defend order. Also maybe take a look at something to lose during the defend order, like a building that can be blown up or a flag at the town square. Finally maybe a look at the frequency of the Defend order.

-UAV's and UGV's are still bugged. More often than not after they respawn you can't connect to them. This has been a persistent problem that could use fixing.

-Enemy Buzzards. I haven't seen them do anything useful or pose any real threat so for the sake of performance I think it's better to take them out.

-Ammo Drop from the Ghost Hawk seems to not be working fully yet.

-Revive bugs occurring frequently, where players can't be revived or moved by some. Also the revive point script is messed up. For a randomer it says 'you revived a squad mate' and gives you two point, and for a squad mate it says 'you revived a fellow soldier' and gives you one point. This should be turned around.

-Side mission enemies despawning straight after the objective has been blown, clearing the side mission objective and AO immediately. My suggestion is to only make the side mission objective complete once all enemies in the side mission AO have been killed, like the Mortar AO's.

-General performance optimization. I seem to be getting lower FPS on the server than I did a month ago. It went down from 35-40 average to 25-30 average. Changing my graphics had no impact to improve it again.

I like the idea, but I think there are more important things to improve first so I voted no.

What I can come up with:

-Boat side missions are a nice addition but need a big update: have divers spawn under water at the wreck, instead of above it, so players can't just swim down and ignore the AI. More defence around the wreck is needed, either divers/boats/helicopters/underwater mines

-The defend phase of an AO needs to be looked upon. It doesn't really give the impression of a proper counterattack, instead it spawns enemies randomly at the edge. Maybe add enemy paradrops (instead of having Orca's land first), get enemy infantry and vehicles to spawn from a only certain direction but more concentrated, have them advance into the AO more aggressively. I'd prefer the need to kill all waves of reinforcements instead of a timer to clear the Defend order. Also maybe take a look at something to lose during the defend order, like a building that can be blown up or a flag at the town square. Finally maybe a look at the frequency of the Defend order.

-UAV's and UGV's are still bugged. More often than not after they respawn you can't connect to them. This has been a persistent problem that could use fixing.

-Enemy Buzzards. I haven't seen them do anything useful or pose any real threat so for the sake of performance I think it's better to take them out.

-Ammo Drop from the Ghost Hawk seems to not be working fully yet.

-Revive bugs occurring frequently, where players can't be revived or moved by some. Also the revive point script is messed up. For a randomer it says 'you revived a squad mate' and gives you two point, and for a squad mate it says 'you revived a fellow soldier' and gives you one point. This should be turned around.

-Side mission enemies despawning straight after the objective has been blown, clearing the side mission objective and AO immediately. My suggestion is to only make the side mission objective complete once all enemies in the side mission AO have been killed, like the Mortar AO's.

-General performance optimization. I seem to be getting lower FPS on the server than I did a month ago. It went down from 35-40 average to 25-30 average. Changing my graphics had no impact to improve it again.

Thank you for the detailed input here ShortNL.

I will be looking into all of these. I think as far as stuff being "added" we are done for now. It is now time for us to concentrate on perfecting these additions or taking some out that are useless or take up resources. Such as you said about the buzzards who assist the enemy. I was hoping they would be more of a threat but it just seems I cannot get them to do what I expected them to. They will more then likely be removed.

As for the rest, you will start seeing some new builds being released in the coming weeks with performance tweaks/tweaks to recent additions. This kind of information helps us resolve the issues that need attention.

I don't think it would be a smart choice to replace the whole BLUFOR side with IND. 

That said, adding in IND to give some of the BLUFOR players a scalping could be a nice idea. It would bring some real competition to the server. 

Especially if you make BLUFOR and IND pitted against CSAT and themselves. 

It could work.