11/30/13 LAST JOINT OP OF THE YEAR!!!!! GET IN ON THE FUN!!!

Archangel

*narrows eyes with disdain and contempt*

You people...

Our base was overrun and most of our forces destroyed. We're lucky to be alive, and you people want VAS?

You know what, Danny? I think you fell during the retreat. Yeah, maybe tripped over a rock or something and broke your gun. Sorry mate, looks like you're starting the mission unarmed.

Lol. :P

No but seriously, the slots have no specific designation. We've all been promoted to Rifleman. There will be 2 squad leads, so you guys can ask for that here.

All of us will start with 343's. I'll put up radio stuff tonight or tomorrow.

Love,

Archangel. :)

*narrows eyes with disdain and contempt*

You people...

Our base was overrun and most of our forces destroyed. We're lucky to be alive, and you people want VAS?

You know what, Danny? I think you fell during the retreat. Yeah, maybe tripped over a rock or something and broke your gun. Sorry mate, looks like you're starting the mission unarmed.

Lol. :P

No but seriously, the slots have no specific designation. We've all been promoted to Rifleman. There will be 2 squad leads, so you guys can ask for that here.

All of us will start with 343's. I'll put up radio stuff tonight or tomorrow.

Love,

Archangel. :)

Oh noo, how clumsy of me! I guess it's lucky that we're in a war zone and I stumbled over a crate of rifles just sitting there :P aha

Sorry, it's been a while since I'd read the mission briefing so forgot the details. If the worst comes to the worst I'll just start throwing rocks at Opfor!

I like missions without VAS, can you give the rifleman an interesting mix of weapons.  Say a couple of guys with iron sight M14's, a few with SMG's, etc etc.

I understand if that is too much hassel.

I really like this concept.

Roles will probably be determined during the mission briefing, for example we wouldnt carry AT if intel doesnt show any enemy armor in the AO.

Roles have to be determined way before hand. It's just a clusterfuck if you have everyone fighting over who wants to be the medic during the actual mission briefing.

An update with all the final details regarding the Op. would be awesome please :D Just asking because I looked on the JTF2 site and they have the mission scheduled at 12 Noon EST which means the time must have changed as the original was posted as 15:00 UTC but noon EST would make it 17:00 UTC.

An update with all the final details regarding the Op. would be awesome please :D Just asking because I looked on the JTF2 site and they have the mission scheduled at 12 Noon EST which means the time must have changed as the original was posted as 15:00 UTC but noon EST would make it 17:00 UTC.

Good catch, Danny... perhaps you will have a gun Saturday.

As for everyone else, I've spoken to JTF2, and it seems 15:00 is a little early for them here in the Americas, so would we be okay pushing the mission start back to 17:00 UTC?

Good catch, Danny... perhaps you will have a gun Saturday.

As for everyone else, I've spoken to JTF2, and it seems 15:00 is a little early for them here in the Americas, so would we be okay pushing the mission start back to 17:00 UTC?

Woo! Having a gun is always helpful in a warzone! I'll be sure to keep some rocks in my backpack just in case though! :D

17:00 is good for me as well by the way!

Rocks?   you don't need rocks !

Yuo can carry my Radio... and the mortar baseplate,  and some spare RPG's ... and my spare socks (WMD's).... and if you really want some weight

spare fuel cans for HEMTT  :)

Woo! Having a gun is always helpful in a warzone! I'll be sure to keep some rocks in my backpack just in case though! :D

God rest ye merry Gentleman, let nothing you dismay.....

OPERATION COMFORT AND JOY

Subsequent to the CSAT invasion of Altis several communities on the island resisted the enemy advance by road blocking their towns and ambushing CSAT convoys.
One such town is OREOKASTRO in the NW Hill District of Altis.
CSAT forces have decided to make an example of the insurgents in Oreokastro.

The siege began on December 22nd with chemical artillery shells falling on the isolated town. Dozens to hundreds of civilians were reported killed in the initial attack. Then the city was besieged by a CSAT mechanized Infantry company utilizing tank guns and snipers.(sound familiar, Google Sarajevo) The CSAT Commander has given until dawn on 25 December for the town to surrender the Mayor, Council and Insurgent leaders or he will level the town with all inhabitants.

On December 23rd a four man SAS Team was inserted near Oreokastro to assess the situation, radio comms have since gone silent.

To further complicate the situation a  network news film crew gained access to Oreokastro and is beaming LIVE broadcasts to the world via satellite uplink of the deplorable conditions in the town. Oreokastro has become a test of wills between the NATO Allies and CSAT and the entire world is watching.

SACEUR (Supreme Allied Commander Europe) under pressure from member nations Heads of State has ordered any and all assets to fight their way through miles of enemy occupied terrain, destroy the CSAT besiegers and deliver food and medical aid to the beleagured residents. Due to the the contested NATO landings at Gallipoli on the Turkish mainland no air or naval assets can be spared. An MEU aboard the USS Bellow Wood is steaming at full speed from Athens but cannot be within striking distance before Dawn on the 25th. A Christmas Massacre of innocents must be averted so that the morale of NATO Nations does not sink lower in the present struggle.

If friendly forces can get close enough or set up a relay station and establish contact with the SAS team, the team should be able to provide valuable Intel on the enemy dispositions.

A motley collection of Tanks, APCs, MRAPS and Supply Trucks has formed on the runway of the ALTIS AIRPORT NATO Base, formerly a back water to the larger war. Clerks, Cooks, Cleaners, Aircraft Maintenance Crews, men from the replacement depot and even several prisoners from the brig will crew the Task Force. These erstwhile "Soldiers" from GB, US, CAN, AAF and all Europe have been cobbled together this Christmas Eve for this critical mission. It is almost midnight on the 24th Of December as final preps are being made.......