Stratis Back ?

i heard some people talk about bringing stratis back on one of the ahoy servers. 

so i ask a couple other people what they thought about it. 

and almost everyone would play on it since it a change and its fun to choose between altis and stratis.

so mayby it could happen if not to much work. 

Stratis is also an extremely viable option for people with lower-end PCs that have a difficult time handling the complexity of Altis. And that isnt just a hit-and-miss issue, its even acknowledged on the "Known issues" page that Altis has higher demands than what A3's minimum system requirements initially stated.

http://dev.arma3.com/known-issues

• 32 bit OS users (especially with 2 GB of RAM) may experience low FPS on Altis island. Check this post for a potential work-around.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to port 2.57d Annex back to Stratis (for our servers), maybe save Jester a little effort if he wants to adapt back to AW.  :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qib15n9y7zxod3/co40_AW_Invade_%26_Annex_2_57_4.Stratis.pbo

known issues:

- needs a 3-sided highwall box constructed around UAV spawn (pull it out of hangar too) to prevent long-range targeting by enemy heli. 

- I didnt bother to reduce AO diameter by too much. Id suggest reducing it to 400m-500m.

- OPFOR artillery might be a little much for Stratis, perhaps replace with mortar team.

- OPFOR tanks when on the hill north of Agia Marina can target the helipads at base. 

- enemy heli also spawns perilously close to base over Agia Marina. It is just the PO-30 Orca but can be a nuisance.

nice work man. I have been buisy with one last update to I&A Altis before i start on the Stratis build again. I will take a look at your though and probably tweak it to our likings. 

We decided to keep it more infantry based again like the old days. no birds at AO spawn, to small of quarters for that. 

Thanks for the efforts, much appreciated.

nice work man. I have been buisy with one last update to I&A Altis before i start on the Stratis build again. I will take a look at your though and probably tweak it to our likings. 

We decided to keep it more infantry based again like the old days. no birds at AO spawn, to small of quarters for that. 

Thanks for the efforts, much appreciated.

I agree re infantry-based

those were good days in the beta, spent most of my play time on AW US#1 and #2

I 'contructed' a couple AOs to the north end that weren't there in the Stratis Annex I remember on AW. Dont recall ever going north of Agia Marina/Rogain so I put an AO up there.

"Transmitter Station"

"Hill 144"

are the two fabricated ones (look for the yellow blobs in editor :))

I did not put back the "Lighthouse" AO on the southern tip, as AI used to get stuck in the rocks by the coast.

I have played Agia and Rogain on I&A during alpha & beta days and there was an issue with Agia marina, 

where the AI had tendency to attack spawn and spawnkill with AA launchers. 

If it becomes decision to choose between Altis & Stratis on EU #1, i would prefer Altis, despite i do miss the scuba action,

but it can still be done at least on Pyrgos and few side missions.

I have played Agia and Rogain on I&A during alpha & beta days and there was an issue with Agia marina, 

where the AI had tendency to attack spawn and spawnkill with AA launchers. 

If it becomes decision to choose between Altis & Stratis on EU #1, i would prefer Altis, despite i do miss the scuba action,

but it can still be done at least on Pyrgos and few side missions.

no, we would be running this on a seperate server by itself. Our plan is to have a stratis and Altis map up for players to be able to choose which they prefer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...