ARMA 3 Suggestion about pilots & MAPS

EYEDOL

Question

Hi guys i hope you are ok

The servers invade&annex are great , admins are really good because they don't apply dumbly rules and they are very present and polite

One thing though that admins can't do is be online all the time and for small matters

So here is my problem : too much ppl steal choppers by going in the copilot seat so please make it available only for pilots because LOT of times the server is full and no choppers because infantry idiots take them for their own transportation

Also can't you guys make a counter atk system liek the tripwired map where when we take an AO we get attacked by a whole division.

This would be awesome because ppl get bored of taking on and on citys so it might add some content (i know its not easy to put in place)

14 answers to this question

I'm sure the admins will be very happy to read that :) Don't say too much though, we don't want them getting too big-headed ;D haha

In regards to the counter attack thing, I think that has actually been suggested before as a possible inclusion with I&A 3, personally I would love to see it! :D

I have to agree with EYEDOL here, there is still a definite pilot problem on the server. I cannot for the life of me though think how it can be changed unless you start making it community member specific, then we wouldn't have to worry about noobs/trolls/morons/people who live in mordor and somehow found an internet connection.

I guess my point is this: You mess with the holy grail; Pilot slots, too much and you risk losing a steady amount of players who come here just to be pilots. Then again, you let the kinda behaviour I have seen continue then it just ruins the gameplay experience for everyone. I've been an admin/dev staff at other RPG servers for ArmA before and this was often one of the main issues always raised. 

It definitely is a tough one.

Maybe lock out all the large trani helo's to pilot only and leave the HB open to all, that way repair specs / medics could use it to out to get service to downed helo's / recover fallen heros, also so it can be used as a training platform to sus out potential competent flight jockeys and flush out potential trolls and obviously it main purpose as Mi-48 bait.

Hi guys i hope you are ok

The servers invade&annex are great , admins are really good because they don't apply dumbly rules and they are very present and polite

yes thank you i am okay,

i agree we are awesome! 

Maybe lock out all the large trani helo's to pilots 

Dingo I'm shocked and chagrined, mortified and stupefied!! this goes well beyond the bounds of what we are expected to deal with as admins no amount of training could ever hope to prepare us for this.

rest assured that meetings at the highest levels will take place to examine, investigate, tackle this issue f*** it no we're going to laugh our socks off at this!!

I don't really know who should be offended here the pilots, the helicopters or the folks who like to dress "exotically" or maybe all three?

So to clear things up i have a few questions...

1) what exactly is a trani helo? we are well aware of the fact that the mohawk is an independent vehicle  (as in opfor, bluefor independent, nothing untoward) so is wearing colours that might seem strange to you but the shade of green isn't all that different?

2) large? are you saying pilots only enjoy the more curvaceous of cross dressers?? I would like to get a pilots input on this (again not a euphemism) Hoax, do you prefer large or slim men who wear ladies clothing?

3) why restrict the big girls to only pilots, manys a time I've seen a repair spec drive his bobcat into a mohawk to fix her up. Surely we aren't going to deny the mechanics a bit of helo lovin'?

on a personal level im very disappointed in Dingo and his flagrant disregard for decorum.

Disciplinary action will be swift and harsh much like █████████ ██████ █████ ███████ ██ █ ███ ███████ █████ ███ ████ █████ ███████ ███ █████ █████ ██████ ████ ███  [ed: we've had to redact this sentence as never before have such vile words been used on this forum and we're not going to start now! FSM knows standards have dropped in the last few days with this helicopter dressing up business!!!]

Trani helos?!

conspiracy-keanu.jpg?1321901003

This guy took down Swayze, the devil, sorted out the matrix and was a time traveller but has never heard such a thing as trani helos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes thank you i am okay,

i agree we are awesome!

Dingo I'm shocked and chagrined, mortified and stupefied!! this goes well beyond the bounds of what we are expected to deal with as admins no amount of training could ever hope to prepare us for this.

rest assured that meetings at the highest levels will take place to examine, investigate, tackle this issue f*** it no we're going to laugh our socks off at this!!

I don't really know who should be offended here the pilots, the helicopters or the folks who like to dress "exotically" or maybe all three?

So to clear things up i have a few questions...

1) what exactly is a trani helo? we are well aware of the fact that the mohawk is an independent vehicle (as in opfor, bluefor independent, nothing untoward) so is wearing colours that might seem strange to you but the shade of green isn't all that different?

2) large? are you saying pilots only enjoy the more curvaceous of cross dressers?? I would like to get a pilots input on this (again not a euphemism) Hoax, do you prefer large or slim men who wear ladies clothing?

3) why restrict the big girls to only pilots, manys a time I've seen a repair spec drive his bobcat into a mohawk to fix her up. Surely we aren't going to deny the mechanics a bit of helo lovin'?

on a personal level im very disappointed in Dingo and his flagrant disregard for decorum.

Disciplinary action will be swift and harsh much like █████████ ██████ █████ ███████ ██ █ ███ ███████ █████ ███ ████ █████ ███████ ███ █████ █████ ██████ ████ ███ [ed: we've had to redact this sentence as never before have such vile words been used on this forum and we're not going to start now! FSM knows standards have dropped in the last few days with this helicopter dressing up business!!!]

This guy took down Swayze, the devil, sorted out the matrix and was a time traveller but has never heard such a thing as trani helos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This, but unironically.