[suggestion] Give the tactical fashion back

pach

Report: over the last versions, starting with Altis release, and ending with "big content package", Invade and Annex deeply changed from "infantry+support vehicle fighting hardly to control areas with a minimum tactical level required" to "massive army brawling towards poor NPCs that never asked anything" (Of course I caricature slightly).

Differently said, a large part of the players are now in powerfull vehicles (several choppers, tanks, armored, GMG weapons, superstrike artillery) while the rest is still enough big to swarm any town. It's no more about taking a town, a camp, it's about farming the entire map :)

It's only my personnal opinion.

I know I play less than I used to do, mostly because the addition of my middle powered computer + the super optimization of Arma makes the game very laggy for me.

But thus I'm able to stand back more between each I&A release (which is why I allow myself to suggest this), and I also had a few people agreeing with my feeling:

in a few words, I&A is less and less tactical.

I'd personnally would enjoy more tactic like "back in the days" (even if I love vehicles as well)

Temporary ingame fix: ask people to use less vehicle (doh)

Story: "As a player that enjoyed Strasis I&A, I'd appreciate a come back of the tactical aspect of the mod"

Suggestions:

-remove a large part of the vehicles (random chance to get one of a random type, but not all together)?

-split the players between several objectives that does not require only a spotter+artillery?

-make the vehicle respaw very longer, or no respawn at all?

-add tasks that do not require only pure firepower, but other skills, like infiltration, protection, rescue...?

-?

PS
I know it's only my personnal opinion, and a simple global feeling. Nothing very strong. But at least for me, it reduces a bit the awesome fun with have on I&A; maybe I'm wrong, but in case we are several to share the opinion, I prefer posting it.

I do have to agree. I think that we should remove tanks and such like from the start, now everyones played with them, to the proper side mission reward. It does seem that it's becoming to easy to play as one man rather than trying to push it toward people playing as a group/team to capture the AO. 

I agree with you both, the first I&A server I joined back on Stratis was amazing because we only had transport vehicles and we all had to push together as a single force, giving each other covering fire while the others moved forward, now it just feels like people can sit in a heavy vehicle 600 odd metres away and just farm the kills. 

I agree. What if we reduced or eliminated starting offensive vehicles (such as the Scorcher, blackfoot, Pawnee, slammer etc), and then made it so Popped AO's also yielded one of these Asset?

that way you don't have to increase side mission frequency/ Sidemissions are fun and cool, but too many/too often, and you sap man power from the AO.

after full release we will be revamping the startup vehicles. We basically have it how it is now for people to be able to play with the "toys". Hang in there guys.

And as Edward said, I&A 3 will bring back the tactical aspect of I&A again for sure.

I agree. What if we reduced or eliminated starting offensive vehicles (such as the Scorcher, blackfoot, Pawnee, slammer etc), and then made it so Popped AO's also yielded one of these Asset?

that way you don't have to increase side mission frequency/ Sidemissions are fun and cool, but too many/too often, and you sap man power from the AO.

The pawnee is hardly a threat in stratis or altis due to the fact that it goes down in about 3 minutes because it doesn't have flares and people try to be all cool and make gun runs in the AO.. :P

Well, even if I like tanks, it's indeed pretty fun to see the size of the convoys nowadays (1 bobcat, 1 panther, 1 marshall, 4 tanks, 1 tigris...not talking about the situation wen they are the CAS plane, the comanche and a pawnee flying).

God of NPC, please forgive us :))