[bug] CBA&Altis?

pach

Report: After today's EU#2 server crash, I joined the new game as pilot. 10 minutes after I joined, those codelines errors started popping.

Back on that game the only addons I was running were CBA and the Tactical map

Running line: ("E:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -skipIntro -noPause -maxmem=2047 -maxVRAM= 2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -noSplash -high sets -world=empty -nologs -mod=@CBA_A3;@sthud).

For some vote reasons we were playing in Veteran mode (however I have no idea how it could damage anything) but it's the first time I have both criteria at the same time.

On9pXEN.jpg

cWzMNTD.jpg

reHPMtf.jpg

OBvWY3r.jpg

KhLZy7r.jpg

Temporary ingame fix: quit game

Story: (none)

Suggestions:

-?

Script errors are not error messages per se, not all of them are critical.

They don't necessarily mean that something is broken, most of the time it's just a misuse of the scripting command.

The Arma engine was expecting a certain value (to put it simply) and didn't find it.

Moreover, Arma devs are constantly pushing changes to functions in the dev branch. It can generate more errors.

Your bug report doesn't state if the error is due to the addon (sthud, cba) or the mission.

Have you tried without addons and got the same errors popping up?

The mission-maker is only interested in the errors related to his scripts, bug reports re addons should be filed elsewhere.

For example the addon threads on the official forum, because only the addon-makers can fix them.

All scripts errors are bad! Some of them might not break the mission behavior, but if you don't fix them you'll never be able to find out what is wrong with your scripts for real. Dev branch shows errors that are hidden on main by default (and in the past even more errors were hidden but now show up thanks to BIS for improving the error detection).

Basically if a script gives an error, it is not doing what the person who wrote the script intended to do. Sometimes, with some luck, the mission will work anyway. Usually parts of the mission or the whole mission will stop working.

Since I'm not aware of any bugs in CBA, it's probably one of the mission scripts overriding a variable that is used by CBA. That could be a game reserved variable (for example the vehicles array), which is more likely, or an internal CBA variable, which is less likely but still possible if mission tries to use CBA features and is doing it in a very wrong way. Anyway, if CBA is giving errors, then it is probably a very major bug, even if it currently appears to have no effect (as in, scripts added in the future have a good chance to fail if the get affected by the same reserved variable being overridden by the mission).