Question

15 answers to this question

That sounds bad -_-'.

Here is why.

1. You will divide the community which can lead to some bad things

2. Some people will fill left out because they did not donate

Maybe there more...

P.S.

We are community we should play together as a community does not matter if you donate or AW+ Subscriber

If you are a AW+ Sub you should get a cosmetic things (Avatars, Backgrounds, etc...) or some sort of discounts at Minecraft AW shop or items

Ducky Out  :ph34r:

From my own experience, "premium forums" are worth it if it is clearly stated that forum's staff has not enough time to check anything and thus will concentrate their reading on the "premium forums". IE: pay grants you a chance to be read and considered.

Since AW's staff reads and answers to pretty anything on those forums, I do not think it's more than a waste of time :)

@pach if Ahoy World had/will have premium forums then it is not a community. It is two different communities in one.

I think we just need update a Home page with Active Topics which will show any new replies to new or old topics and put it under Recent Topics. :)

@pach if Ahoy World had/will have premium forums then it is not a community. It is two different communities in one.

I think we just need update a Home page with Active Topics which will show any new replies to new or old topics and put it under Recent Topics. :)

I'm just trying to give ahoyworld a way to reward those that support it financially. I'm not saying Ahoy+ Would play together 24/7, I'm saying once or twice a month they all get together and play, for example, an in development build of I&A that isn't released yet.

@Boo if you are a Ahoy+ Subscriber you will be able to test an A&I 3 Co-op mission ;)

Also, other rewords could be a reserve server slot on Pubs :) or extra coins or items (skins, weapons,etc) in ARMA or Minecraft.

@Boo if you are a Ahoy+ Subscriber you will be able to test an A&I 3 Co-op mission ;)

Also, other rewords could be a reserve server slot on Pubs :) or extra coins or items (skins, weapons,etc) in ARMA or Minecraft.

I already know that you get access to them, this is why we should have a donor forum section so we can discuss when we can all get together and play.

Maybe Ahoy+ Members can have a forum section that is just for them where they can discuss topics and stuffs...

I understand how Ahoy+ subscribers should get extra perks. However, I think making a restricted forum splits the community into who has and who hasn't. It'll become an area where subscribers stick to each other and non subscribers stick to each other. It would split the community too much to be viable.

Ahoy+ events are a little more feasible however it still takes planning, we can't shut out non subscribers completely since subscribing is a choice and we don't discriminate against those who don't.

This comes up every so often and its a bit like this

We love our Ahoy+ Members so we should give them something and the idea comes up, but we don't want to like David Said cut the community up, after all I bet the reason most people got Ahoy+ was because they like being part of the community?  Why then pay to join a smaller community within the community, everything should be available to everyone.  But what will we give to Ahoy+ Members, well we have made a start and there is more to come, we are an imaginative bunch! 

Donators and Ahoy+ Subscribers have our thanks and we really would love to give you as much back as we can to let you know it really is appreciated, however we still need to keep the community as it is now and not create an atmosphere where their are tiers of members, sure there are admins and the Core Staff but we are all still members.  If we start segregating parts of the community into members and "Super Members" No one wins, the Super members cut themselves off from the Core and Majority of the community and the majority of the Community feels alienated from a proportion of its members.

In the future there will be something more for people who donate.  Because 100% Honestly we wouldn't be where we are now without the help of any of the contributions of our community be it Servers, Money or just being part of the community and playing.  Every bit of money we get goes back into the community on Server Power, Software and more.  It's staggering how far we have come this year and I hope we continue to grow and impress people enough that they feel we are worth giving a contribution to.