Hi! I am Tommy.

trulyTommy

You may have seen me around EU1 here and there over the past few months but I have been playing on AhoyWorld EU1 for a little under a year now. I love flight sims, I love doing airstrikes, I love missiles(FBI please don't worry, it is strictly in-game) and I love the military. AhoyWorld is where I learnt to play Arma 3 and it's what got me interested in playing Arma in the first place. I went from barely knowing what is going on (I walked to an AO across the map once) to now transporting people with helicopters, doing CAS, CAP, long range sniping, operating tanks, providing support with UAVs or just being on the ground as infantry.

I have learnt the whole game on this server and the experience was more than fun. It always baffles me how other servers are so organised yet still lose so frequently and get absolutely raided but here everybody plays in their own way and still somehow manages to progress objectives faster...

That being said I would like to help out somehow in either the promotion of the community or increasing the player count. I have moderate experience in web development and I have some ideas on how to make AhoyWorld more available and accessable online whether it's increasing it's online presence, making a fresher more up-to-date modern website or just making guides for the community/new players to have at their disposal. If the admin team is interested in anything like this then please let me know. Of course it would be something I occasionally help with, not a full time thing.

So that's me wrapped up. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Forums, if you haven't joined our discord yet it is worth checking out from the link on the Homepage and also feel free to drop into TS (ts.ahoyworld.net) for a chat or any support.  Have a read through the content here in the different sections, many members have various guide and posts relating to lots of aspects of play you can always reply with suggested feedback to existing posts or add your own post or guide. Hope to catch you server side!

54 minutes ago, Damo3D said:

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Forums, if you haven't joined our discord yet it is worth checking out from the link on the Homepage and also feel free to drop into TS (ts.ahoyworld.net) for a chat or any support.  Have a read through the content here in the different sections, many members have various guide and posts relating to lots of aspects of play you can always reply with suggested feedback to existing posts or add your own post or guide. Hope to catch you server side!

How do I go about writing one? I want to make a thread on using supply crates under the Invade & Annex > Guides (How To) section but I need permissions to post in that area. Would I need to write it in a separate section and then ask an admin to approve it and get it moved?

@Tommy_ you can post any idea or guide in the I&A section and mention the staff who will review it. You will also get feedback from the community and any additions or edits can be done. Staff can then decide if the guide is ready to be moved to the Official Guides section. Hope this helps and looking forward to some new/updated content.

image.thumb.png.51b2772b0e465b1fbb76a60abde2b17d.png