New to the forum but an old hand on EU1

OcUK-Timo

Hello peeps
I've been knocking about on EU1 since the early days of ArmA3 but have been playing the franchise since OpFlash, I finally decided to join the forum after a couple of incidents I was involved in earlier today.  Not being sure of the best place to ask some questions I thought I'd say hello here and see if I get any replies from those in the know.
Firstly I hope Chicken sees this as I told him this afternoon that I'd revenge killed someone which I know is not a good thing, so I'll just say that the guy in question had taken my vehicle and run me down with it when I tried stopping him, after a nice man revived me and I tried relocating, the perp then started to shoot the vehicle so I turned about and ran him down. Enough said on that.
What I am interested to know if someone can tell me is what is the score with the black screen which I got after an accidental TK later on, I've not seen that before and was surprised to see it after just 2 TKs when I see so many people doing so many more.  It was unfortunate that I was beside a factory that got demolished while I was black screened and confused which caused someone else to get a TK.  Does this always happen after 2 TKs? also how many TKs does it take for someone to get banned?
Thanks for reading this and I hope someone can offer some constructive answers.
Cheers Timo

Hey @OcUK-Timo,

Glad to see an old regular like yourself finally join us on the forums. Should you be interested in some modded Arma action, AhoyWorld runs weekly gamenights which can be found under the "Events" subforum.

Now to answer your question:

Spoiler
1 hour ago, OcUK-Timo said:

What I am interested to know if someone can tell me is what is the score with the black screen which I got after an accidental TK later on, I've not seen that before and was surprised to see it after just 2 TKs

This would be the automatic teamkill script we use on the public server to help with trolling, one teamkill results in a warning message, two results in the offender having their simulation disabled, third time the offender is kicked from the server for a set period of time. Unfortunately the script can't distinguish between genuine accidents and intentional teamkilling, as every teamkill is treated equally. (The only exception being pilots)

I would recommend joining the Discord server as well, as you are more likely to get a response a lot sooner for any questions you might have.

Thanks @Jenkins of course I meant kick rather than ban as I said above.  I'm really enjoying the server at the mo because of all the great Zeus missions that the team are running, as well as I've finally got my brother and a couple of mates playing so training them up is interesting.  I'll jump on Discord sometime soon.

Nice to see you here on the forums! 

I think Jenkins covered pretty much everything. Also worth noting that script for teamkills kicks in if two tk occur within a specific time of each other. Otherwise it resets and you get a clean slate again. 

It is probably testament to how good you are at IDing your targets if this is your first experience with it!

Welcome again and don’t hesitate to ask if you have further questions.