Command Channel and More Emphasis on Squads

John_Smith

Question

I was just inquiring if it would be possible to utilize command chat so that squad leaders, transport pilots, UAV pilots, fighter pilots, etc. can communicate with each other, as if on radio instead of having to type out a message and then having that messaged be missed due to being occupied by hostiles as for instance.

The 2nd thing is pushing players to join squads, as I was on today 3/2/21 and 20+ people out of the 60 players were unsquaded, I think this plus the suggestion above would allow much more teamwork and communication for the server. And to keep a bit of realism when we can.

11 answers to this question

If we're talking about I&A3 and EU1:

People are allowed to lone wolf, although we encourage them to work together and provided all the tools to do so, we do not make it mandatory.  In the past you were also allowed to talk in command channel, not just type.  This has been disabled for a while now because it was used more often by people thinking they were talking in vehicle channel than by people who used it for its intended purpose.  Realism is also not one of our primary concerns on EU1.

Just my 2 cents

I appreciate the almost instant feedback, I understand realism is distant dream in most servers, yet I try to bring it whenever I join, I would never want to make it mandatory in a sense, but something I have noticed is many players do not know that squads are even a thing. So having a message go out about how to join one, might be beneficial. 

And on the point of Command chat, it is very useful when a multisquad team is hitting an AO. Whereas it is just a learning curve to remember which color is which, likewise it should only be SL of squads that could use command, no. So they would hopefully have some knowledge on something like that.

Thanks again.

From experience and ruleset on Liberation:

Outside of Liberation Wednesday and usually below the player count of 5 you shouldn't expect other players to follow your command if you selected the Role of Platoon Commander or Squad/Team Leader and are new to those Players.

On low player count we usually just agree on an objective with no "real plan" and bring equipment that we seem fit.

So you might see a Medic running around with a Sniper/Marksman Rifle and an RPG *pokes @RiverWolf* xD

Just an advise from a (former) "Liberation Resident" and AW Candidate for the Hague 2020 🤪

I'm going to just admit it, what attracts me to EU#1 is the fact you can "play it your own way".  Time differences means often I'm soloing AO's but sometimes there's a good group to join and I'll do that, but I don't want to be forced into squads to play cooperatively when most of the time I want to just "do my own thing".

The sort of weird chaos that happens on EU#1 because of the lack of command structure is a feature to me, not a bug.  And despite that all, EU#1 has recently I think been pretty good.  God bless our noobs, they seem to actually care about the experience and want to get better.

Not sure if this post is useful, but I do love EU#1 as-is.  It's like you gave randos military equipment and set them loose.  Good fun.

1 hour ago, Sho_Iwaizumi said:

you shouldn't expect other players to follow your command if you selected the Role of Platoon Commander or Squad/Team Leader and are new to those Players

I don't think that's the case when you have "casual" lib players online. Everyone is happy if someone take that/these roles and we gladly follow and help any SL/TL or PC if the plan to the next obj makes even a little bit of sense and they are not the ones who leave the server first and unexpected.