Removal of "Firing inside safezone" warning (I&A-3 and I&A-4)

Pickle

Question

Hey there! I would like to suggest removing the warning. Script already makes you shoot blanks when you are in base so I believe we do not need the warning. People would probably ear-rape with spraying their guns but as we already have constantly flying helicopters in base, I dont believe noise in base is actually a problem to players. Furthermore we already have earbuds to prevent annoying noises.

Im asking for this because I saw a lot of CAP pilots crashing over base because they are trying to shoot enemy jets in warning trigger zone and because of warning they have to move their mouse in middle of screen and click "ok". Which takes time and pilots end up dying.

Also this one is a silly reason but sometimes I just want to compensate recoil rates of weapons and I can't do it in trigger zone.

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Berker said:

Hey there! I would like to suggest removing the warning. Script already makes you shoot blanks when you are in base so I believe we do not need the warning. People would probably ear-rape with spraying their guns but as we already have constantly flying helicopters in base, I dont believe noise in base is actually a problem to players. Furthermore we already have earbuds to prevent annoying noises.

Im asking for this because I saw a lot of CAP pilots crashing over base because they are trying to shoot enemy jets in warning trigger zone and because of warning they have to move their mouse in middle of screen and click "ok". Which takes time and pilots end up dying.

Also this one is a silly reason but sometimes I just want to compensate recoil rates of weapons and I can't do it in trigger zone.

Good Point, However the warning is in place to remind these trolls that trolling in fob by any means is against the rules. It can be annoying for pilots to take out jets that buzz over I myself have died to this happening. In my opinion it should stay as it gives people a warning and stops them from just straight spraying everywhere.

18 hours ago, Berker said:

Also this one is a silly reason but sometimes I just want to compensate recoil rates of weapons and I can't do it in trigger zone

Ideally it's should not happen more than one time per pilot though. 😆

This is still the best solution which has been put in place to at least mitigate the amount of noise in base. Turning off the chopper engine at base or FOB is a thing for me, but alas not all pilots. IF the chopper noise gets a little too much at base you can always politely ask the pilots to power down if waiting for an extended period of time.

Also if you want to test weapons and recoil, penetration and what not I suggest you use the editor. You can test any weapon AND you get more accurate data, like trajectories and damage indicators that you would not get firing your gun at base.