Iron front US Campaign Week 1

Server Details: 

IP: 116.202.224.207

Port: 2302

Mods Required:

Arma 3 Preset IFA Ahoy.html

TS address: ts.ahoyworld.net

TEAMSPEAK MISSION BRIEFING FOR ALL PLAYERS WILL BEGIN AT 17.30 UTC

Expected Mission Length: 120+ minutes (may go over or under expected mission length)

Player Slots: 38 (2 Squads of 12, an 8 man weapons team and 6 man command element)

Situation

Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hope and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is will trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck!

Assets:

A small supply of ground vehicles available at the MSP

Friendly Forces:

US army 

Enemy Forces:

German Wehrmacht

Civilians:

Large civilian presence to be expected.

Mission

Drop into Nazi held France in the early hours of the morning. Our goal? to capture the crucial crossroad village of  Neaville. We are to disrupt any German reinforcements heading to the beaches of Normandy. 

Execution

Objectives:

1. Drop into occupied France

2. Regroup and capture the village of Neaville

3. Prevent any German reinforcements from reaching the Normandy beachhead

Movement Plan:

At Commanders discretion

Rules of Engagement:

Enemies may be engaged on sight based on current squad orders

Civilians are present in the area so collateral damage is to be kept to a minimum.

Admin & Logistics

Equipment & Resupply:

At the commander’s control, assets are available at base to facilitate this.

Reinforcements:

Unlimited

At commanders discretion, transport assets are available.

Command & Control

Command:

Overall command lays with codename "Overlord" who will set objectives and ROE.

Operational control on the ground lies with the Platoon Commander.

Communication:

Radios are only available to a select few. Lead elements have limited scope to move these around to maintain the command structure and organisation. WW2.thumb.png.e22d9cc79c9f88f5b379deab62789d16.png13229_2011_001_AC.thumb.jpg.246322050b4122b26a6b77a2f404407c.jpg

Thank you all for joining and thereby creating that piece of gold. Exactly what players like me were expecting when joining AW(Enhanced). Everyone had an out of the ordinary experience today. Like we had with the Vietnam campaign... Bonding with team mates and such... to bring out the best of the SL/TL's and everyone else in the team. Keep it up, b/c that's what keeps the AW community great. A mission pretty balanced for all of us, the exerienced semi milsim dude, the nerdy loadout guy and the never advancing semi scrub who just wants to have fun with the boys guys they have bonded with the last couple of years/months. Much love to Midnight and all the weird staff members of AW for giving us that much of enjoyment. ♥️ 

18 hours ago, JJ Cakes said:

I don't get to play Midnight's ops very often because of the time difference where I live but I think it's kind of crazy how much effort he puts into providing Ahoy peeps fun ops to play and I have no idea how he finds the time to do it.  Cheers Midnight, you're a big asset for Ahoy. 

This right here, quality content time and time again!

Mission was insanely fun, unironically the best AW mission I've played in the past few months. Again I'd recommend the options for some roles to be able to switch weapons. As a leader, I'd much prefer a M1 Garand over an M1 Thompson, just for the simple reason of wanting to be able to shoot an enemy more than 20 yards away! Other than that, fun mission and looking forward to the next one.

On 9/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, Minipily said:

Mission was insanely fun, unironically the best AW mission I've played in the past few months. Again I'd recommend the options for some roles to be able to switch weapons. As a leader, I'd much prefer a M1 Garand over an M1 Thompson, just for the simple reason of wanting to be able to shoot an enemy more than 20 yards away! Other than that, fun mission and looking forward to the next one.

After a brief talk with Midnight, this was already something added, just too late. From this friday there will be an M1 Garand and M1A1 Carbine in the arsenal

21 minutes ago, SiegeSix said:

After a brief talk with Midnight, this was already something added, just too late. From this friday there will be an M1 Garand and M1A1 Carbine in the arsenal

Yea that was my boo boo, I did add several things to the arsenal then accidentally overwrote the new arsenal with an older version so it was gone, hence some of the arsenal mishaps on Friday, will be fixed in future missions :)