[Script Question] Adapt AI spawn quantity

Hi there

I use your excellent map for a long time now, on our team server, but we encounter an issue.

Is there a way to reduce the AI spawn quantity ? Infact, we are not so numerous that planned to play the mission, and we would like to simply reduce the AI spawn, making the main mission feasable in less than 3 hours, and reducing lag.

I already look up in the mission's files but I didn't find anything in PARAMS or in the scripts wildness.

Could someone help me ? =)

This is something that you would have to edit inside the scripts them selves. Have you already unpacked the pbo file?

If not you should look up the pboview unpacker tool, that is what I use.

If you have, what files have you looked into already?

*Note* Folders like 'VAS', 'taw_vd', '=BTC=_Revive' 'vehicle.sqf' are add-on scripts. (Scripts made by other people that were modified for I & A) They do not directly affect the mission, they just control side things like the revive system, vehicle repair, ammo boxes, and the view distance settings action.

Thank you for your response

PBO is already DECOMPILE and kind of adapt to our team needs.

I looked in all files which seems revelant. In "objectives" folder for exemple.

But I really don't find any file which deals with le main mission system, only "Sides" and "Priority"(eni mortar).

Infact, if I could know where main objective is scripted, I think I could find wht I need.

You should be able to change this in the mission parameters when starting the mission.

You should have the option to change the squads patrolling AO, squads defending AO, teams patrolling AO and motorized infantry patrolling AO (not sure if motorized patrols are on).

Other than that, I looked in the mission scripts, all of the AO stuff is in init.sqf, the enemy spawn ( AW_fnc_spawnUnits ) calls for PARAM_SquadsPatrol, which is one of the server parameters I mentioned. So it will spawn whatever number of squads you have set there in the mission parameters.

If you want to hard code a specific number of squads i guess you could try to edit the description.ext and change the default to whatever you want?

class SquadsPatrol
	{
		title = "Squads Patrolling AO";
		values[] = {0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15};
		texts[] = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16};
		default = 8;
	};