AO spawns are too close

Hello there, 

I want to address something really annoying by vast majority players who play in invade and annex eu server. The newly spawned AOs are usually spawns relatively close to the old AO. It is too close and very dangerous for any Evac op (lots of antiair and gunships) and it is rather far away to just run there on foot. (about 2-3 km)

This is very annoying. I hope there is better solution to this issue.

Wait until the new AO is spawned in before landing a heli at the old AO, problem solved. 

The reason they're so close to each other is for infantry that decide to bring a vehicle.  It used to be that AOs could spawn on the other side of the island, meaning that if you were in a vehicle you'd get to the new AO by the time it's finished, only to have to turn around and drive to the other side of the island again. 

No, problem is not solved. Try some empathy. You cant just land a heli two times to a place that is roughly 2km away from new AO. 

I'm not saying they should spawn on the other side of the island, but not in the same grid either. There is a little chaos going on in server if you checked recently, where choppers are blowing up most of the time shot by ground AA and jets/helos. Some pilots simply refusing to provide EVAC for this reason and the guys on ground have to run all the way to the new AO. Not everyone brings hunter because they are limited in FOB.

To be fair after well over 1000 hours on EU1 I see no real issue here. Pilots quickly learn that when the ao completes they need to get to a safe place while the new ao spawns. Doing this allows them to assess the situation and decide on the best approach for evac and insertion to the new ao.

I understand why you want the AO to move further away but the thought process is that distant AOs make ground vehicles useless and prioritises mass evac and insertion.

The current system was deemed superior as it makes full use of the ground vics deployed while only adding a slight inconvenience to air evac and reinsertion.

2 hours ago, Maulkin said:

You cant just land a heli two times to a place that is roughly 2km away from new AO. 

Depending on the terrain this is perfectly possible.  It's also possible, again depending on the terrain, that you can't even land 4km from the edge, so ~5km from the centre, from the next AO. 

There is a little chaos going on in server if you checked recently

EU1 is organized chaos, I expected nothing less.

choppers are blowing up most of the time shot by ground AA and jets/helos

Tell them to land further away from the new AO for evac then.  People have legs, they can use them. 

the guys on ground have to run all the way to the new AO

Well, if this new AO is like you said in the same grid, it's max 1 km they need to walk.  That doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

Hard to change this to everyone's satisfaction, AOs spawning close has pros and cons.

What I would like to see (if technicaly possible @Stanhope ?), is to create delay between red circle of new AO appearing on the map, and enemy units spawning there.

This would give pilots - and also drivers -- time to react to situation where AO is about to spawn under their very asses.

The delay should not be long - maybe like 30-45 seconds between circle appearing and units spawning - so it cannot be exploited by players for easy kills.

Definitely hard to satisfy everyone. I understand your point completely. And I try to adapt this situation by flying only littlebirds and over 5-10 meters from the ground and by using the terrain etc. But there are places where the terrain is completely flat, (ie eastern side of the map) and tigrises hitting you through a tick line of trees, which is very frustuating but it's arma's problem.

kman's idea is very vise though I give him that. And I want to further suggest delaying enemy CAS choppers/jets even more. It would add a flavor of immersion like if they are requesting air support.