PMC Ops Kunduz Week 2 

Server Details:

IP: 136.243.150.72:

Port: 2302

Mods Required:

Arma 3 Preset PMC OPs.html

TS address: ts.ahoyworld.net

TEAMSPEAK MISSION BRIEFING FOR ALL PLAYERS WILL BEGIN AT 17.30 UTC

Expected Mission Length: 120+ minutes (may go over or under expected mission length)

Player Slots: 30 (4 Teams of 6, command, Phoenix Medivac and vortex )

Situation

Following a meeting with local tribal elders an American unit was ambushed in open ground on the way back to base. They struck an IED which was followed up by RPG and MG fire. The survivors are currently pinned down and under fire. However, due to an ongoing operation elsewhere the US have limited response elements to deploy and have asked that we, as the closest allied forces,  provide assistance. US command is scrambling a QRF force but they are at least an hour out. We need to insert create a perimeter and push back the insurgent forces until the American QRF force arrives from the South. 

Assets:

1 x MH-6M Littlebird

1 x AH-6M Little Bird

1 x UH-60M

Various ground transport and support vehicles

Friendly Forces:

US Army 

Afghan National Army and Police forces

Enemy Forces:

Insurgents and non allied tribal fighters 

Civilians:

Civilians are concentrated around towns and villages.

Mission

Provide support to an embattled US force and ensure their survival until US forces can mobilise.

Execution

Objectives:

Secure the immediate area around the US forces

Defuse the insurgents assault 

Ensure their survival until the American relief force arrives.

Movement Plan:

At Commanders discretion

Rules of Engagement:

Armed personnel may be engaged on sight.

Civilians are present in the area so collateral damage is to be kept to a minimum.

Only buildings clearly being used for a military purpose may be engaged.

Civilian life must be protected (Hearts and minds)

Optional Tasks:

Provide any necessary support to civilians in the area.

Admin & Logistics

Resupply:

At the commander’s control, assets are available at base to facilitate this.

Reinforcements:

Unlimited

At commanders discretion, transport assets are available.

Command & Control

Command:

Overall command lays with codename "Overlord" who will set objectives and ROE.

Operational control on the ground lies with the Platoon Commander.

Communication:

Radio channels are set for each element and can be viewed as part of the Diary accessible through the map . Platoon has limited discretion for change but structure is to be maintained.

817161955_chads_marketing3(1).thumb.png.d54d3bd5267c5b99ffab40343b8dd17e.png

Note:
The playable slots have changed since the last mission. There are now 4 squads of 6, 2 of which have a medic, 2 of which have an LMG team.
The command team now has a dedicated FAC/JTAC, who will be responsible for all air traffic and will have authority to grant CAS within the ROE set by the ground commander.

These two changes will help ease the burden of command and reduce the chatter on the command channel.

The last major change is the addition of a "Phoenix" team which comprises of 2 combat life savers and their own dedicated pilot. Their job is combat medivac and treatment and they will be coordinated by the FAC. 

@MidnightRunner

Not sure how viable will be landing medi-bird in the surrounder convoy site (who are pinned down by MG and RGP).

I'm assuming, that Infill will be outside perimeter in safe space, we will breach enemy encirclement on one side and dig in before they can react?

But how would you be landing medi- bird in that surrounded position afterwards? If that was possible, we would just load yanks into BlackHawk and skedadle, instead of waiting for QRF that might or might not come in time.

Unless they are transporting valuables that CAN'T be evaced by helli,  in which case I'm - as PMC - expecting bonus 🤑

looking forward to that mess ;)

3 minutes ago, SiegeSix said:

[Feedback]

If there's not enough to take both FAC and ISR. Either one can take over for each other.

No issue with that. As long as only 1 person has access to the ISR equipment then I'm happy.

If the player is happy to take on the extra responsibility then it's ok

role: bravo engineer

This was fun mission.

I rly liked the initial insertion with mines and contact and our roundabout push with Delta towards the compoud across the field from abmush site site while EI seemied to be counterattacking on the same route.

It got little messy after, with little confusing orders from command - first to diverted to mortars, that canceled we were heading back to Delta, then redirected back to Alpha and US troops.

Since our last push took us to the same objective and string of compounds, where we were headed originally together with Delta, I'm not sure why we returned back to Alpha's position and pushed from there?

Anyway we had some fun (and losses) breaching those compounds and @BenjaminHL was rly good as SL.

PS: moral I took from this mission: Mine Detector beeping is barely audible when earplugs are IN, especially when shooting occurs (stepped on mine realizing I hear beeping about 0.5 seconds before explosion).

57 minutes ago, kman said:

Mine Detector beeping is barely audible when earplugs are IN, especially when shooting occurs (stepped on mine realizing I hear beeping about 0.5 seconds before explosion).

Did you have the mine detector menu open? It will display a red dot

20 minutes ago, SiegeSix said:

Did you have the mine detector menu open? It will display a red dot

Nah, I wasn't expecting the need for it. Thou MidnightRunner explained in debrief reasoning for the mines, which made sense.