New Member from USA and "Invade & Annex"

Hawthorne

Hi,

Just purchased ArmA 3, the Deluxe edition, through Steam on June 7, 2013.  This is my 1st Steam purchase.  I have zero experience playing ArmA.  But to date, I have about 200 hours online gaming time invested.

My flight sim experience is with DCS.  I have all the DCS_World modules to date, plus the DCS Black Shark and Warthog before World and back to LOMAC.  Other flight sims are FSX and Orbiter and Aces High.  Been a flight sim nut since 1985 and my Commodore 64 and the Microprose Flight sims.  Have done some DCS sim mods using the .lua language, but I am not a programmer.  Took about a year to get fairly good in the Ka-50 and passed a squad's initiation test to join them.  But DCS does not, yet, do grunt work.  I am a former grunt, 'Nam era.

I quickly found the more popular Multiplayer people to ArmA 3, and AhoyWorld seems to be top of the food chain.  I have played all 4, AW severs.  I prefer EU2 in my wee hours with Kapec.

Though I asked several people, no-one knew about how the "Invade & Annex" got on to the servers.  Nice mission, I love it.  Other servers use the program, some guys mod it---and that is why I joined your forums, to ask how to mod the program.  In order to get into the know, I would gladly pay a monthly fee.  I did a Google search and found it.  The download is here:

http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk/topic/726-aw-invade-annex-changelog-and-download/

Unbelievable that this download is free.  I expected a $30 fee for it AND I would have gladly paid it.

This works for me in Multiplayer in both LAN and Internet, though I just play by myself.  I like the AH-9, especially the gunship.  The AH-9 looks to me to be the AH-6, 'Nam era. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD_Helicopters_MH-6_Little_Bird

AH-9: (Google Images)

https://www.google.com/search?q=ah-9+little+bird&client=firefox-a&hs=oQY&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=9i7GUbWkHujB4APq2YGICQ&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=837

I am interested to know how to mod the download for me to get flyable access for the AH-9, both versions.  I will find the appropriate thread to pursue this inquiry.

Take care guys, mostly guys I bet.

-+-

Haw

Welcome to Ahoy World!

This is the home of Invade & Annex which was created by Rarek (site founder) for ArmA 3 after we found that Domination would not be coming over from ArmA II (which we have previously hosted in some form or other) so if there is anything you want to know relating to that mission our forums are the place to be :)

We have a few DCS players here too, myself, razgriz33, Phill318, David and a few others all enjoy playing DCS from time to time, in fact, Myself, Raz and David met through MS2004 & FSX back in 2008, so you're among many experienced flight enthusiasts (and some real world pilots I understand also)!

Ahoy World offers our server usage and community to all for free, but the servers eat donations to stay alive, so if you enjoy it here and wish to help financially you can do it by donating :) of course there is no pressure to do such things!

See you around!

Welcome to AhoyWorld Hawthorne!

As Fergie said, if you ever need any knowledge relating to the mission, the forums is the place to be!

I have some fair knowledge in scripting and editing so I may help to a certain extent.

See you on the battlefield!