Services Back Up After Large DDoS Attack

Rarek

Hiya fellas,

As a heap of you may have noticed, all of our servers (including EU and US servers) are down.

We're currently suffering a large DDoS attack and are working with our hosting companies to resolve the problem as quickly as we can.

Thank you for your patience. We'll keep you updated.

UPDATE: Thank you, everyone, for your patience. Our hosts have given us the all clear and everything's booting back up as we speak. Let's get everything populated again, folks!

This reminds me of those times when I was a kid and really wanted to go outside and ride my bicycle but couldn't because it was raining, just end up staring out the window angry at the weather. This time I want to stay inside and play PC games, but instead I'm staring at the monitor angry at some unknown losers sitting alone in a dark room somewhere. Times have changed man...

This reminds me of those times when I was a kid and really wanted to go outside and ride my bicycle but couldn't because it was raining, just end up staring out the window angry at the weather. This time I want to stay inside and play PC games, but instead I'm staring at the monitor angry at some unknown losers sitting alone in a dark room somewhere. Times have changed man...

To make it even worse its also raining cats and dogs over here, so im stairing at 2 windows so to speak :(

I can just imagine if it was completely vice versa:

*plays outside*

Mum: "Bill, come inside and play on the computer for a while, you have been outside for hours, you need to take a break"

Me: "but mum, i wanna play outside... in the fresh air... with my friends!"

Mum:"You are gonna play video game right now mr."

i was 5 min away from completing a script i was working on whole day.

And i now imagine our dear server being attacked, waiting in it's 19" rack together with all his lovedones and friends hoping that the storm will blow over soon.

I can hear the server crying for me to connect and save about 2 hours worth of unsaved progress still opened on it's desktop.....

i was 5 min away from completing a script i was working on whole day.

And i now imagine our dear server being attacked, waiting in it's 19" rack together with all his lovedones and friends hoping that the storm will blow over soon.

I can hear the server crying for me to connect and save about 2 hours worth of unsaved progress still opened on it's desktop.....

O god DDos and unsaved progress, this is going to hurt :(

Problem is buddy, they're not even sitting in dark rooms staring at their screens any more. These attacks are almost always automated now, just massive botnets floating around going from one address to the next, just DDoSing for the sake of DDoSing. Usually the 'owner' or the person responsible for these attacks are off doing something else, not even knowing what their botnets are attacking. It's just added to a list somewhere.

Of course there are still those who do sit in dark basement rooms,30 years old with their parents shouting at them to come up for dinner while they're breathing heavily through their nose believing they are 'super epic 1337 h4x0r' because they can tell scripts where to attack by typing in an IP address. 

Wow, I guess that comes off as me being upset at the situation? I guess I am. I wanted to play Minecraft. :(

i wonder how they managed to locate our server, while i cant even find it myself most of the time...

image32.png

Please tell me that's not your set up. I will cry manly tears.

And I thought my set-up was a mess. Gawd.

dMqzfkIl.jpg

Also, you guys are more than welcome to use my teamspeak server in the meantime if you want somewhere to hangout and complain about being DDoS'd. The address is:

ts.centration.co

(Note: This is not an advertisement, I'm just offering this in the meantime.)

You should have went outside and rode your bicycle while waiting for the DDos attack to end! :D :D :D

(or was it also raining?) ;)