Aledged Recruiting/Advertising (perma ban)

2ndLtMetalboy

In-game name when banned: [2ndLt]Metalboy

What message displays when you attempt to connect? Banned Recruiting/Advertising/LH5 (perm)

Why do you think you were banned? For asking people to add me on Discord so we can play more on Ahoy World in the future as a squad,
keeping eachother posted on when we would be online and such
and if they wanted to join me on my private liberation server for a few hours and have some fun.

Why (in your personal opinion) should your ban be lifted? i never recruited them,
never asked them to join the clan im in,
i never talked bad about ahoy world to steal them away.
and we wanted to return to Ahoy World the next day again for some fun gameplay.
(this was yesterday we played on my Liberation server)
i just asked them if they wanted a change of game mode for a night.
i always follow the rules on Ahoy World with respect, and i always stick by them,
If i thought this would be concidered harmfull in any way, shape or form i wouldnt have done it.
but we were just a group of friends looking for a change from time to time.
i dont see anything wrong with that, it was all harmless.

Which administrator banned you (if known): LH5

When were you banned: Thursday, Februari 13th 2020

Hello Metallboy.

In my eyes you are pretty accurately describing recruiting. You mention that you are in a clan outside Ahoy, you mention inviting people to Discord channels outside Ahoy and you mention inviting players to play your Liberation server while playing on Ahoy. That very much IS recruiting, regardless your intent of harm or no.

We suspected recruitment for a while since Discord names were the only thing shared in text chat on server. We looked into it, but we did not take any action due to only Discord names. In the end got confirmation in the form of a player report of actual recruiting. 

AhoyWorld does provide open servers, modded game nights, Forums, TS, Discord. We even give players the option to submit game nights of their own design. We put a lot of effort into making sure we provide extensive services for our player base. This is one of the reasons I find recruiting on our server a low blow.

In the case of permanent bans the offence is serious, I see nothing in the appeal to dispute the evidence of recruiting and I do not detect any real remorse, I will let the ban stand. Permanent bans can be appealed in approximately 6 months.

BAN APPEAL UNSUCCESSFUL

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts