NEW SERVER: What should we put on it?

Brooksie10

We Need You!

To Decide the Future of Ahoy World

The new AW server "Flagship" is up and running and many things related to ArmA III have been sorted out.  Now there is many many games out there that we can run on the AW server.  Rather than just dictate to our lovely members what we'll get, WE WANT YOU to tell us what it is that you as members want.

Currently on Flagship we have:

2x ArmA 3 Invade and Annex 2 Servers

1x Minecraft Vanilla Server

1x Feed the Beast (Minecraft modded) server

Currently we are thinking about adding a "Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Server."

We are also committing to add a Assetto Corsa upon release

If any particular trends appear on this thread we can have a more serious and focused discussion.  We obviously cant put everyone's idea up (unless you all pick ridiculously light server software.)  But AW isn't an ArmA community and now we want to look forward to new horizons while still maintaining our existing server structure.

So go ahead and let myself and the rest of the Staff know... what do you want to see!

Topic to close on the 21/07/2013 @23:59 BST

Assetto Corsa! In fact when Assetto Corsa comes out, if we don't make a dedi for it, I'm going to murder all of the core staff.

We could have a Race 07 server in the mean time, that way I could kick all the inevitable Portuguese people who try to ruin my lap.

Come on guys more! more!

Sorry having a typical sunday over here, cant seem to get my mind to work properly atm ><

Havnt played a lot that isnt p2p since a few years, so i really need to read up and think about it.

Come on guys more! more!

Does anyone want another GMod Server that was something we did in the past?

GMod would be great! I love that game and having people to actually fuck about on it with would be a lot better than building shit on my own xD

I don't play BF3 or COD, but any valve servers would be nice.

Team fortress 2, Gmod, Left 4 dead (2)

And best thing is that TF2 is Free to play without any pay2win system. It's only cosmetics.

Not sure if this would be a permanent server, but if you install multiple games on it, we could have game nights just depending on the game. The only downside to this is not having a constant flow of visitors.

edit:

I'm also voting on standalone DayZ server.

TF2 would be a good little sink for us, but there isn't much reason for them to use the forums.  Still if the people ask they shall receive.  We did try running TF2 on the US server but it caused lag, we may need to find the source to resolve it.

If we went for GMOD though we could make our own mod for that possibly which lead to and invade and annex style, case of epicness! :D

May need to create a thread about GMOD separately :P

And best thing is that TF2 is Free to play without any pay2win system. It's only cosmetics.

Not sure if this would be a permanent server, but if you install multiple games on it, we could have game nights just depending on the game. The only downside to this is not having a constant flow of visitors.

Also not a bad idea.

Whats everyone's feelings about a BF4 Server when BF4 Comes out?

BF3 was the communities first love from what I gather.

Hey Brooksie10

Maybe we should do a quiz or some sort of option questioner.

For example: each AHOY WORLD community member has 1 vote and they have to choose one of the options from available.

Examples:

1. Team Fortress 2 server

2. Red Orchestra 2 server

3. BF 3 or BF 4 server

4. etc

What you think guys?? :)

We do want a PvP server, we just haven't got to making our own dedicated pvp with beta coming out I would like to give this PvP ago if it doesn't stay in Dev.

It's always been on the table for us to make PVP missions, its just I&A development is very essential.

So... BF4 release would be my preferred options, but most of the other ideas I've seen here are pretty good too.

Maybe a BF1942 server in the meantime. Because everyone knows that the Anti-Tank class is the most versatile in the game.

Or any other BF server. They're all good (Apart from BF1943).