AW Staff Racial/Ethnic discrimination

IbnKhalif

As an occasional player, Only reason for this topic creation is purely to point out the arrogance and discrimination. 

My name is Ibrahim, I was born and raised in Raqqa,Syria.

Even after changing my name and playing to his tune, dude called Lindi permabanned me.

So basically,as a person that has multiple relatives displaced and some even killed by ISIS, Im deeply saddened that being from a certain area makes you undesireable.

He stated that real life terrorist have no place on the server,clearly saying I must be or promote one,while probably not knowing anything about Islam, sacred Jihad or important acters in the real life ongoing insurgency.

PS. I have never done or said anything that could offend someone,though I get discriminated all the time for my accent and/or name.

After playing arma3 for a year or so this is the first time I got picked on by admins(I dont count random players,they have no power over my profile/account,therefore I never bothered).

So once again, you can ban me for whatever you like, I was born Ibrahim al Raqqawi ibn Khalif and I will die like that inshallah.

asselamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi fi barakatuh to every single person out there,regardless of religion,ethnicity or any other man-made boundary. may Allah give you strenght to overcome the hypocrisy without obeying ethnic/racial perverts and/or obviously retarded people.

Have a great day, ma shaa'Allah

Glad you took the effort to to voice "your" impression of events in a acceptable manner,i did expect to read different cllcking on this topic.

Discussion is fine,exchange of opinions too.

From a outsider point of view there s a few things that come to mind :

• 27 minutes ago, IbnKhalif said:

Ibrahim al Raqqawi ibn Khalif

playing on a MP server,especially in these times,i wouldnt find it uncomon to certain associations being drawn by player crowd

as a person that has multiple relatives displaced and some even killed by ISIS,

this is defintiv not a thing to talk about in a MP chat/MP game - at all

He stated that real life terrorist have no place on the server,

which is certain,altho i still do not understand how you/or the admin in charge draw the connection to this 

My money would be on a general misunderstanding between both parties,jumping to conclusions to soon isnt gonna help anyone.

To my made experience,especially on Lindi,i doubt he or the admin team had any intention to judge you by stereotypes.

Might be worth to join Teamspeak later the day and try to get hold of a admin and talk it over again,hmmm?                                                                                                                    

If you feel that your ban was unjust and you are absolutely certain you did nothing that would go against the rules, the proper channel to voice your side of the story and attempt to get unbanned is to make a ban appeal, which you can find here:

https://forums.ahoyworld.net/forms/4-ban-appeal/

I, for one, can tell you that I don't see any admin or moderator jumping to conclusions, let alone based on your name, accent or ethnicity.

6 hours ago, IbnKhalif said:

So basically,as a person that has multiple relatives displaced and some even killed by ISIS

Sorry for your loss, but of course, there's no way we can know that and it has no bearing in this issue.

6 hours ago, IbnKhalif said:

So once again, you can ban me for whatever you like, I was born Ibrahim al Raqqawi ibn Khalif

Arma has received bad press in the past for being used in ways it was not intended:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2937641/ISIS-fighters-distributing-video-game-allows-players-play-role-Islamist-kill-Westerners.html

We have obviously been sensitive to that press and in no way wish to be caught up in anything untoward as a result.  If our administration actions result in false positives, this is an unfortunate side effect.  And the proper course of action is to make a ban appeal.

Thanks for civilized responses everyone. 

Im not looking for unban. Right of the bat.

I enjoyed playing on AW,as well on some other servers,so the sole reason I posted this is to promote peace and friendliness amongst Arma playerbase,which Im an active part of.

Don't get me wrong, I like jokes and humour in general, but theres a clear line between joking and propagating. 

That line was, in my opinion, clearly blurred.

ps. i sincerely hope my english is understandable.

Best regards, IbnKhalif