Cancellation Of The Sunday Zeus Operations - For now!

Xwatt

After heavy consideration, I've decided to cancel the Sunday Zeus Operations. I feel now is the best time, as we have ended the Malden campaign, and I feel cancellation now, would be better than doing it halfway through the next one.

I've decided to stop for two main reasons. Firstly, personal time constraints mean that I no longer have the ability to feasibly run these missions. I have to test new versions, plan the mission during the week, and then dedicate pretty much all Sunday to making the mission (2 hours to build, 2-3 hours runtime.) Secondly I have been feeling extremely burnt out from the Sunday Operations, with my motivation and excitement for them steadily decreasing, to the point where it's feeling more of a chore than an excitement.

Hopefully this won't come as too much of a burden, I see Midnight's upcoming Unsung Vietnam campaign has been genertating lot's of excitement beyond what the Sunday Operations ever have. I believe that them missions will still keep the community entertained on a weekly basis.

I hope to run a PVP event once every 2 weeks for maybe an hour or so, keep your eyes open for further details.

The missions so far have been great, I've enjoyed them immensely! I feel they have given a lot to the community and they have most certainly been the highlight of the week for me! Thank you for that to everyone who participated.

I do however also very much understand the feeling of being burned out by doing them weekly, it is a lot of hard work and as always sometimes a mission or parts of them stir up some drama, which can be tiring. I also understand the time constraints and the toll doing these missions place on RL and vice versa. I myself rarely get anything done uninterrupted between working and the kid growing up.

However I would like to keep things open by suggesting we take a little break and see what the situation is in a few weeks. I'd also like to remind everybody that if anybody has any mission suggestions, ideas for single or multiple game nights don't be afraid to share them, together we can make these missions come true as and for the community!

@Xwatt @MidnightRunner

Hello there

Hello everybody. At this point I would like to thank you sincerely. Your commitment was very noticeable. 
I always thought it was great fun. It brought the comunity together and always gave great pleasure. 
Such an assignment is not self-evident. I understand very well that at some point you burned out and that his real life had priority.
I'm looking forward to further action and who knows maybe there will be something coming up...

So thx again ❤️

Your Mastif

I can plainly say that the sunday missions have been one of the best things I had in a while. So important for me that I planned the whole weekend around this event. Just to build up comradery with some nice guys and to overcome myself to be ready to fight through these missions was/is a great and beautiful experience. All the missions were great fun and immersive as hell. I am glad to have been a part of it. 
I understand your decision Xwatt.
Thank you very much! 

Fair enough. I think creativity and mission quality would suffer if you're finding it a dreadful chore and/or burning you out. That would make the ops toxic and generally ruin the fun. Do them as and when you feel like it's fresh - the historical turn out seems to indicate that Sunday evening is a good time to have an op and it would be cool if we stick to that as a general time slot for whenever one is run (extenuating circumstances notwithstanding)?

Also, I dunno who else is interested in the idea of making a mission - I have dicked around a tiny bit in EDEN and I dunno... are there any guides to mission building that are heartily recommended? It'd be cool to bung a mission up on a Sunday evening some time and with the help of an experienced spartan or 2, make y'all have a good skirmish.

11 hours ago, WinterMute said:

Also, I dunno who else is interested in the idea of making a mission - I have dicked around a tiny bit in EDEN and I dunno... are there any guides to mission building that are heartily recommended? It'd be cool to bung a mission up on a Sunday evening some time and with the help of an experienced spartan or 2, make y'all have a good skirmish.

I'm not all that good in the ideas behind a mission but I can help you out with the actual mission file, the loadouts, etc if you want

• GhostDragon changed the title to Cancellation Of The Sunday Zeus Operations - For now!