Port: 2302

Mods Required:

TFAR_Beta

CBA_A3

TS address:

ts.ahoyworld.net

TEAMSPEAK MISSION BRIEFING FOR ALL PLAYERS WILL BEGIN AT 15:00 UTC

Expected Mission Length:

150+ minutes (may go over or under expected mission length)

Player Slots:

Brief Summary:

Week By Week, we have been slowly building up to this point. We now feel we are able to take the main airfield on Malden, and we will not wait any longer.

We are setting up camp by the East Coast of Malden, and we can either go via boat or aircraft to the beach East of Saint Louis. Before we hit the airfield, we will first quickly storm through Saint Louis, where NATO have retreated to as a barrier to attempt to stop us from the our attack on the airfield. After Saint Louis, we will begin our raid on the airfield, where will massacre all enemy units and secure any assets we can take and use for our future endavours.

Spoiler

20190925183454_1.jpg20190925183420_1.jpg

Friendly Forces:

- Guerillia Forces - can be called in by the Platoon Commander to assist AAF forces

Assets:

• 1x Gorgon
  • 2x Zamak Transport
  • 1x Mohawk (Respawnable upon Request)
  • 1x Hellcat (DAGR's and 20mm cannon)
  • 2x Greyhawk (Scalpels)
  • 1x UGV Stomper
  • Transport Vehicles (For Platoon, Sniper Squad and FSG)

Enemy Forces

• NATO

Civillians

Expect a civillian population in Saint Louis, but no civillian population near the airfield.

Mission

AAF Continue their Reprisal of Malden, and this week AAF endavour to secure the main airfield of Malden. They must first secure Saint Louis before they advance to the airfield.

Execution:

Objectives

• Take Saint Louis
  • Secure NATO airfield
  • Recover NATO assets from the airfield for future use

Movement Plan:

At Patoon Commanders discretion

Rules Of Engagement:

• Armed NATO personnel may be enaged on sight
  • Expect a large civillian presence in Saint Louis. Collateral damage should be kept to a minimmum
  • Only Engage buildings used for military purposes
  • Civillian life must be protected at all costs

Admin and Logistics

Ressuply:

Called in by platoon commander. Supply crates at FOB can be airlifted into the field.

Reinforcments:

• Unlimited
  • At Platoon Commanders discretion, transport assets are available.

Command And Control:

Command:

• Zeus by the name of "Overlord" can be contacted for mission related issues/enquiries
  • Operational Control on the ground lays with the Platoon Commander

Communication:

• Radio Channels are pre-designated for each element, and can be viewed on the map in-game. Platoon Commander has limited discretion to change this but structure should remain.

Zeus OP.jpg

• Xwatt featured and unfeatured this topic

I had my suspicions last week so I did some testing.

As far as I know and as far as my testing established, DAGRs do not feature LOAL. The WY-55 Hellcat does not have a laser spot sensor, the helicopter can't lock onto laser spots. The sensor suite can of course display laser spots uploaded to the data link (if the Hellcat has data link reception activated), but this doesn't influence the lock-on mechanic of DAGRs on the Hellcat:

The missile itself needs to be pointed directly at the laser spot in order to lock onto it. And, even then, no LOAL, as far as I could see. This makes DAGRs on Hellcats more or less unguided, confusing pilots who try to lock onto or fire at a laser with their supposedly guided rockets. Add a MANPADS to the mix and that Hellcat goes down like the first one last week.

Don't give the Hellcat guided munitions.

15 hours ago, ansin11 said:

I had my suspicions last week so I did some testing.

As far as I know and as far as my testing established, DAGRs do not feature LOAL. The WY-55 Hellcat does not have a laser spot sensor, the helicopter can't lock onto laser spots. The sensor suite can of course display laser spots uploaded to the data link (if the Hellcat has data link reception activated), but this doesn't influence the lock-on mechanic of DAGRs on the Hellcat:

The missile itself needs to be pointed directly at the laser spot in order to lock onto it. And, even then, no LOAL, as far as I could see. This makes DAGRs on Hellcats more or less unguided, confusing pilots who try to lock onto or fire at a laser with their supposedly guided rockets. Add a MANPADS to the mix and that Hellcat goes down like the first one last week.

Don't give the Hellcat guided munitions.

Hellcats can still lock onto targets that are picked up by the passive radar + everything the datalink sends to it's passive radar. And DAGRs can still be dumbfired so no point in switching to DARs right?

I've tested this numerous times since the jets DLC overhauled the way radar guidance works.

I've found that DAGRs can only lock onto vehicles that are "hot" (emitting thermal radiation) or picked up by an ACTIVE radar. (Hellcat only has passive radar)

As @ansin11 said, the DAGRs have no LOAL ability and cannot be guided by a laser designation unlike the Scalpel/Macer missiles or GBUs, they must have direct line-of-sight onto the target and that target must have a hot thermal signature.

My suggestion would be to provide Vortex with two separate variants;

1 x WY-55 Hellcat w/ 20mm Autocannon and Scalpel (x4) missile pod.

1 x WY-55 Hellcat w/ 2 x DAR pods.

However, that is down to @Xwatt to decide.

fyi, official BI description says, after the DLC overhaul the DAGR still has the capability to lock on laser+ir guidance in a 30 degree cone to lock on laser+ir (yes, ir grenades too) guidance, so pretty much it acts as dumbfire but can make minor adjustments

• 3 weeks later...