[suggestion] bring back at least one ka-60

This is just  a suggestion I am making because the pilots on the US server are always asking why they were removed. From what they say, they don't like flying the littlebird because its to "touchy".

Don't shoot the messenger on this one guys. I promised a few of them I would propose it. If I could only get them to sign up here and suggest this stuff on their own.

I like this idea. The ka-60 is much safer to use for landing in hot LZs, with the littlebird, the guys outside always end up dead before landing if the area is too hot.

I think we have the right balance at the moment, the MH6's are actually BLUFOR units and we seem to do pretty well on the EU server with them.  Maybe increase the rate at which KA60's appear on side missions?

KA60's are side mission rewards currently, i think it should be kept that way but that is just my opinion, if the majority think 2 Littlebird 1 KA60 would work out more fun then we can't argue with that.

But like i mentioned, as they are rewards, they can feel lucky and happy when they get one :)

KA60's are side mission rewards currently, i think it should be kept that way but that is just my opinion, if the majority think 2 Littlebird 1 KA60 would work out more fun then we can't argue with that.

But like i mentioned, as they are rewards, they can feel lucky and happy when they get one :)

Yea i personally don't mind it like it is now. I just constantly am hearing complaints about "man i hate the little bird! Where is the ka 60's?!?!" :P

I would like to see one KA60 brought back into the spawning pool of choppers but not from a pilots viewpoint 

maximizing the chance of getting more squad members onto the same chopper as there is 2 ? more seats?

Interesting point FATS, what if the spawns for each squad were separated more?  There are several 'LZs' and small firebases around the island not used as an AO.  Maybe we could split the squads to spawn at different ones, then pilots can try to keep the squads together?

Interesting point FATS, what if the spawns for each squad were separated more?  There are several 'LZs' and small firebases around the island not used as an AO.  Maybe we could split the squads to spawn at different ones, then pilots can try to keep the squads together?

cool idea, spread everyone out making use of more of the island while we have it, and have every one converging from different locations to the AO 

definately must happen once we get the big full map 

cool idea, spread everyone out making use of more of the island while we have it, and have every one converging from different locations to the AO 

definately must happen once we get the big full map 

When the full map comes out, it makes sense, however not really on Stratis. Experienced Heli pilots will drop squads at various LZs around the AO, to ensure that it's a relatively even spread when it comes to attacking. If the different spawns were implemented on Stratis, I foresee a lot of players whining about helis not picking them up and such. It makes it easier on the pilots that everyone spawns in one place at the moment (except for the mortar gunner), and since the Heli spawn and repair/refuel areas are also close to main spawn, it's much more convenient than having to go to various places around Stratis to pick up a handful of guys.

Like I said, when the full map does come out, this would be much easier to implement, as most likely separate bases will have their own helicopters, and it'll be easier to coordinate specifically where each chopper's AO should be. However it's much harder to put in place if the helis only spawn in one place.

I think the fact that the KA-60 Is a side mission reward but yesterday we did about 5-6 side missions and in every one we only got the Ifrit GMG. I think the ratio should be changed.

Maybe we could add some variable to store the last reward, so it wont repeat X times in a row.

Maybe we could add some variable to store the last reward, so it wont repeat X times in a row.

I think that would work out perfectly, but change it after every mission restart. So lets say if its set at every 3rd side mission you get the ka-60 that they only do it 3 times and then when they get it so they stop. So set it for every time the mission/server restarts it will change that number Like maybe the 6th side mission or 2nd side mission. YOu get what i mean?

It doesn't make sense for BLUFOR units to have OPFOR vehicles. You guys will get new BLUFOR helicopters in a matter of weeks anyway with the BETA, so it's a simple case of waiting for it to appear so we can put in a nice mix of vehicles for everyone to use. I think the best mix would probably be two little birds and a merlin that can also lift light vehicles; but that's up to the big boss.

• 2 weeks later...

As it's getting closer to the Beta, I thought I would throw my 2p into the ring.

I'm with Noms on the 2 Littlebird + 1 'not-Merlin' chopper.

On the subject of rewards, I don't see the point in giving out 4x4's when there are Hunters in base. No harm in leaving them in but they are kinda redundant.