Armour slots

GazMazk

Question

Would it be possible to add specific slots for Armour roles in particular? There are pilot slots and only they can fly helicopters, jets etc. There's the UAV OP who is the only one able to operate the drones. I just thought that why not have a specific slot for Armour roles too then? Add some tanks for them to use (not too OP of course) like an M2A1 Slammer and/or an FV-720 Mora. Vehicles like the Gorgon and Marshall are technically still "APCs" and could still be used by any player, but tracked vehicles required you to be in the Armour role slots?
Regards, Gaz Mazk.

4 answers to this question

I believe whenever I&A4 get's done, you'll have 2-4 armor roles in that and they will be specific to armored fighting vehicles such as APCs, IFVs and MBTs.

At the moment however, it is AW's motto of "First come, first serve" so the only way you're really going to be able to get these vehicles is by just taking them as soon as you can.

If you're lucky, you MAY be able to ask an EU1 moderator to reserve one, at least that's how it worked in the past, but with the new "first come, first serve" ideal, that may not be a certain measure.

22 minutes ago, Minipily said:

the new "first come, first serve"

Nothing new about it, it's been in the rules for several years now.

22 minutes ago, Minipily said:

I&A4 get's done, you'll have 2-4 armor roles

Last time I played there were 2 3-man armour squads, the typical driver, gunner, commander. 

@GazMazk are you asking for armour roles in I&A3 or in I&A4? 

No worries.

Again, if your lucky and are an armour fan, then you may be able to reserve one in EU1 but since about 2016-2017, it's become more of a "first come, first serve" in the servers so you'll need to be a bit more rude in order to get one. Plus many of them tend to be taken by single man crews.