Mission Name:

[EU2] Zeus Operations

17:00 UTC

Server Details:

IP: 144.76.82.169:2602

Port: 2602

TS adress: ts.ahoyworld.net

TEAMSPEAK MISSION BRIEFING FOR ALL PLAYERS WILL BEGIN AT 17:00 UTC

Expected Mission Length: 120+ minutes (may go over or under expected mission length)

Player Slots: 60

Brief Summary:

We were attacked by CSAT forces in the morning. In less than an hour they've captured the Eastern FOB with overwhelming force. Enemy Air has neutralised all of our CAP assets, therefore enemy paratroopers were able to insert themselves and designate all of our assets for CAS, wiping them out of our hands. Later that morning, we were able to destroy enemy artillery with the remnants of our air assets, but we have loss contact with them - and we presume they are either dead or captured. In the meantime, hostile forces have captured civilians at Kalithea as hostages, threatening to kill them. Since then, they have now established a forward base and a command center - and their armored units are besieging our HQ.

You're a part of a NATO reaction force, and your aim is to sabotage CSAT outposts, rescue captured civillians, and assist our remaining forces at the HQ with a CSAT counter attack.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

backstory.jpg

ahoyworld zeus ops.jpg

• Xwatt featured this topic

Was a fun mission. My first time leading a squad, I hope it was not too terrible to serve in Bravo tonight - I'm afraid my leadership was weak.

I also hope that you didn't hear my keyboard too much, I apologise for that.

I believe that the difficulty setting and amount of enemies was more fun during last week's mission; I think it's just more fun to have longer lasting firefights and engagements.

Today was a lot more laid back engagement-wise for me (and all of Bravo squad I think).

Having a platoon element was defenitely good, the downside to me personally was increased command chatter and decreased situational awareness (regarding both the strategic and the tactical situation), but I think that with more iterations the benefit of having that big picture coordinator will start to show more and more.

Big issue for me was people who were not on TeamSpeak. It split the squad. Those who were on TS and just listened without talking were doing just fine (@Jenkins for example), but those who JIP'd and never joined TS were quite the problem. I used TS and not the ingame group chat for squad management, so everybody who was not on there didn't really know what was going on and what to do, especially tragic with @pepeNS who JIP'd into the vacant Bravo medic slot but as far as I know didn't join TS and thus was very difficult to coordinate with - working two chats was very taxing, working three chats - one of which is redundant for most of my players - would have been one too much. For me at least. But maybe I'm just not made to be a squad leader.

Not sure if making TS presence a requirement would be the solution though, after all these missions are supposed to be less difficult to join and more public and vanilla.

We also might want to consider mixing the more experienced players with the less tactical ones to even the squads out a bit.

• Xwatt unfeatured this topic