EU2 Zeus Operations - Squad Structure and Etiquette

Xwatt

The squad system that we use for the upcoming Zeus Operations on EU2, will be very much different then the standard EU1, as we are looking to head in a more organised layout.

The Slot layout will be as follows;

Alpha
Bravo
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Foxtrot

Armour Squad Golf
Armour Squad Hotel

UAV Operator

Vortex Hotel
Vortex India
Vortex Juliet

Squads:

Squads will be LOCKED. If you join as Alpha, you will stay as Alpha unless you join a different squad in the lobby. Please try fill up empty squads when you are joining, and avoid being the only person in one squad. Lonewolfing is disallowed, unless you are walking back to your squad after being re-inserted because you died. You stay with your squad, and follow the commands of your squad leader at all time. If you are the only person in a squad, you will be tied with an existing Squad.

Squad Leaders:

Squad Leaders will actually be Squad leaders. You will manage your team and have acess to the command channel, where you will communicate with other squad leaders and Zeus Operators, aswell as Armour Commanders and the UAV Operators, and a member member of Vortex. It is highly reccomended that Squad Leaders have mics, but we will not force this, it will just make communication much easier.

Armour Squads/UAV OP:

These are support units. Both UAV OP and Armour Squads can only fire on request, as requested by squad leaders.  Shots will be called out in command channel.

Briefings and Insertion:

The briefing and inital insertion will work as follows;

1.  Zeus Commander will give a briefing to Squad Leaders
  2.  Squad leaders will then brief their own Squad
  3. Players will then insert to the mission together as a squad (whether this is via ground or air)
  4. If a player dies, they will be re-inserted and will make their way back to the squad.
  5. Once the mission is complete, Vortex will then evac back to FOB as a squad.
  6. If there is multiple missions, Squad leaders will be briefed again back at FOB and this cycle will repeat.

As you can see, this is a much more formal and organised system then what we have now on EU1, as these Zeus Operations will cater towards a more organised style. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below.

• Xwatt pinned and featured this topic

I'm glad to finally see some organised play coming along, hopefully EU2 can become active again.

One suggestion I'd personally opt for in some ops is when there are multiple objectives in the field, keep the troops out in the field and have logistical assets come out to rearm them so they can go straight to the next mission, or have a debrief/brief out in the field. This just changes things up so it's not always going to be back and forth between base in a helicopter, certainly on EU1 and AWE I found that about 15-20% of my play was just sat in a helo.

Either way, looks quite fun. I might come along.

1 hour ago, Noah_Hero said:

Totally up for LOGI!

It's always a fun thing that is rarely done.

A thing to understand about ArmA that sets it apart from say, Battlefield, is the fact it is a large-scale Military Sandbox.

There's a lot of assets to ArmA that help bring together a large scale war, of course you have your infantry which are the backbone of war, but a lot of assets on the field to support them.

Probably the most important support asset they have is Logistical Supports, so it would be good to see those used more often, setting up camps and what not. These could be used for rearm and respawn positions.

I'd still be happy enough with the clear I&A Meta of using Vortex and Infantry to go back and forth from the action if it was in an organised structure, but I do feel that utilizing more infantry long range movements, ground transport vehicles, APC/IFV support and logistical assets would certainly help bring together some fresh gameplay and perhaps promote better gameplay.

• Xwatt unpinned, pinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Xwatt unpinned this topic