AWE FUTURE

Hello all

The state of the enhanced server is worryingly quiet. We have listened to the community many times and the outcry for a smaller mod-set was wanted, we delivered and yet the status barely changed. So we have decided to close the server for a short period of time, this will allow us to take the time out to look into the modset, mission and overall direction of the server. We will keep you updated as to the status of the server here.

The server will close on the evening of sunday 27th january. We hope it will be back soon to offer a new modded arma experience for you all to enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, Ryko said:

Long term conceptual plan is to create a RHS / TFAR / ACE version of IA4 which can run on EU3.

I was just thinking this exact same thing a few days ago about how IA with minimal realism mods would be super cool.

My day job is a programmer, and while I probably would be totally useless trying to script in SQF I would think there would be quite a bit of "grunt work" in making IA4 RHS / TFAR/ ACE aware.  If this comes to fruition maybe I can help with some of the grunt work.

On 2/19/2019 at 8:37 PM, Ryko said:

Long term conceptual plan is to create a RHS / TFAR / ACE version of IA4 which can run on EU3.

I've got to say that I much prefer the Stiletto style gameplay, with varying missions and maps. I&A has its place, and a modded version of it would be fun, but EU3 has always been that special something that has a little for everyone no matter what time of day it is, or how many people are playing.

That being said, as a huge fan of tactical ops, if the current EU3 rules were enforced on this IA4 modded server then I can see it having a similar feel with people still needing to work together and the like. I know that I'd play it over EU1!

I've got to say that I much prefer the Stiletto style gameplay, with varying missions and maps. I&A has its place, and a modded version of it would be fun, but EU3 has always been that special something that has a little for everyone no matter what time of day it is, or how many people are playing.

That being said, as a huge fan of tactical ops, if the current EU3 rules were enforced on this IA4 modded server then I can see it having a similar feel with people still needing to work together and the like. I know that I'd play it over EU1!
It will be AWE, the mission is I&A but it will utilise the new mission that ryko has made(I&a4) this is because it is easier for us to manage and the gameplay will scale. Meaning that it will be a more tactical style of gameplay compared to the eu1 and 2 servers

On 2/21/2019 at 4:43 PM, JJ Cakes said:

I was just thinking this exact same thing a few days ago about how IA with minimal realism mods would be super cool.

My day job is a programmer, and while I probably would be totally useless trying to script in SQF I would think there would be quite a bit of "grunt work" in making IA4 RHS / TFAR/ ACE aware.  If this comes to fruition maybe I can help with some of the grunt work.

Ironically enough it's not that much work. There's a bit of nip and tuck to make it all work together but the base mission was actually based on Stiletto, so not much work to get it running with RHS / TFAR / ACE

A revised modset with more emphasis on using ALL of it would be excellent. I.E if maintaining RHS, then use ALL of RHS rather than just Blufor. Playing as Opfor and Greenfor is very fun and some of the gamenights we did where we played as forces such as CSAT and Serbian Armed Forces were some of the most popular gamenights in a long time.

Looking forward to seeing what gets cooked up this time around.

• Mouldy unpinned this topic