Cripes! it's been a while

Bruce

Looking around at all the new faces and the new management O7

feels like I've been gone for longer than the three years since my last login,  Long story short of all things my headset died (nope not my PC not any major surgery or anything else .. just my beloved headset) it was attached to my TrackIR and the replacement doesn't fit.  after playing A3 with a TrackIR for so long it was impossible for me to go back so I did the unthinkable and took a break..  (to be brutally honest at that time I'd hit the wall a bit with IA and wasn't enjoying the mission as much as I could have so it was probably overdue)

Was a VERY good headset

Anyway .. three years later and here I am .. checking out how the guys are going, what the mission looks like and how the hell I'd  even begin to get back into this thing?

So, I guess I have a few questions if you don't mind

is it a fully modded mission now or can I just jump in mod free?

I used to have a few good mods  like the Sound overhaul and dyslexcis HuD etc.  are they still around or even required now?

Can I still fail a landing in the Mohawk and happily murder everyone on board while signing at the top of my voice

is Zeus still a thing

is performance any better ('member when tanks explosions caused mad server lag?   I 'member) I don't have an SLI RTX 2080 TI  rig so might need to turn some settings down.

What all else is new ?  I noted we're looking at IA4 now ?? wow huge steps ... is there a primer on what the major goals for that is ?

Anyways ... good to be back  (well installed so far .. still need to actually load the game and get the HS working)

Laters chaps

Welcome back bruce!

Mark T is now the one we honor, follow and mock about.

Going to reply to your question, but to be honest, i have no idea what im talking about since i havent played for a while aswell.

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

is it a fully modded mission now or can I just jump in mod free?

Invade & Annex is vanilla and version 4 is almost finished. Enhanced (awe) is modded.

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I used to have a few good mods  like the Sound overhaul and dyslexcis HuD etc.  are they still around or even required now?

I highly doubt it, im sure ghostdragon knows best, or ask Mark.

8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Can I still fail a landing in the Mohawk and happily murder everyone on board while signing at the top of my voice

Yes you can, but i will happily mute you if you go into the gangsta (c)rap.

9 minutes ago, Bruce said:

is Zeus still a thing

God is still a thing, a little less followers as you are used tho...

11 minutes ago, Bruce said:

is performance any better ('member when tanks explosions caused mad server lag?   I 'member) I don't have an SLI RTX 2080 TI  rig so might need to turn some settings down.

Performance is optimal now, the server has been on bootcamp and is tip-top condition. Were using a RBMK reactor now...  I never had performance issues, its always been on the mental side for me.